which classes??????

fonzy

my 749 can run in a whole bunch of classes, 600s, open, superbike, middleweight,thunder?????? being im just out of novice and prob not up to big time pace , which one of these classes would be the best for me to run in so i dont get in anyone way?

sand.man

Definitely do middleweight & thunder, the Intermediate open sportbike & intermediate 600ss races are very competetive and full grid races - so if you're not quite ready for it the mixed races are awesome fun.

Although, the faster races are gridded based on results so you would likely be gridded at the very back and not be in anyones way.

I think the mixed races are more fun though anyway ;)

YZF1000jon

How old are you? Over 35 will let you into Senior Open at 11am,
Middleweight Twins mixed race at 11:30,
you can put your money in for Fast 25 (only 19 gridded last time, so you could've been #20) at 11:45,
Intermediate Open at 1pm,
Formula Thunder at 1:50,
Intermediate Supersport 600 right after at 2:15,
and Intermediate Superbike at 4pm.

For sure you'll be in the fun if you're entered into Mid weight Twins, Int Open, and Formula Thunder. I have no personal experience with the others except for senior open and use it for start practice and a good warm up for the day. I judge my morning progress by where I start to get lapped! Last round was much closer to the end of the race than the usual 1/2 way mark.

Ducbert

I have always thought of the following races as the greatest risk to run in.

Top 3 in terms of risk:

1. Novice
  2. Intermediate 600
  3. Intermediate Sportbike

YZF1000jon

I'll beg to differ with you on the Open Sportbike one (although I understand where you're coming from) just on the basis of being a backmarker in that class. If you're running a sufficiently slow time, then you're not usually up where the shenanigans are going on, and if you are just fast enough, you more than likely won't get lapped either. Keeping you in a happy safer place. Having said that, I find the mixed classes generally don't have contingencies and can be more "gentlemanly" as well as entertaining to race in, in my experience.

I get lapped by quite a few guys in senior open BUT, they are expert riders and are fast enough they go by with little or no drama (usually, sorry Jason).

yak

Steve

If you want to confirm or revise your choices have a look at the fastest and slowest laps of the other potential competitors in the various classes. All this information is available from the results link. (Rd 5 may not be the best one to pick since we had some timing system issues.)

Also, as Jon shared, the time of day (or more accurately the sequence of races) is also a factor in picking the races to run.

See you for Rd 6.

Todd