2016 EMRA Annual General Meeting
- Switching to a new system- MotorSportReg. Membership renewal and registration are all done online, waiver signing online. Also a new Timing system - Mylaps Orbits (Racehero app – live timing, stats and results). Potential for new features like push alerts for things like gridding changes, schedule changes. Less paperwork and better user experience anticipated.
- Club has purchased the 27 transponders we were loaning from CSBK, will now have a guaranteed rental pool.
- Bike show is booked, January 13-15. We need to work shifts. A call for volunteers will be put out soon. Volunteers will get free admission to the motorcycle show.
- 2017 Racing schedule
Race school May 12-13, Round 1 May 27-28, Round 2 June 23-24, Round 3 June 25, Round 4 July 29-30, Round 5 Sept 1-2, Round 6 Sept 3 rd.
day August 13
th for second race school or single day race round.
Majority voted in favor of the idea of a seventh round. This will be taken into
consideration with the executive when looking at the all aspects of adding this
round. To be reviewed at the next exec meeting.
- David working on new website that is mobile friendly.
- Meetings with Castrol - improvements at the track
Corner 1 – The plan is for the wall will be
moved back to the accessory road, drainage must be modified first. Car club
wants paved runoff, date to be completed was vague. Castrol has to look at the
cost of paving and gravel. All changes must be approved by the track designer.
We then need to help organize labor.
- Better washrooms will be available this season.
- Strong year for the club – the results are there! Please look at Todd’s attachments for details.
- Accounting books review – will be done by Steve O’Brien and Lorna Stelmack. They will be in touch with Todd.
See attached Treasurer's Report
- Combine intermediate and expert to just middleweight twins – majority voted yes
- Proposal to remove waved start to single start in all races that are now waved – Majority voted to keep it the same.
- Superpole rule – used for last 15 minute session in practice. Times from this will determine position. Last session will be only for top 10 based on time for qualifying. Majority voted no.
- No intermediate classification - just novice and expert. Majority voted no.
- Run a few races at the end of
practice day. President argued – we are always short volunteers on
Saturdays, not possible on double headers, less time to qualify, new registration system. We cannot do this at this time. Rule change withdrawn.
- Formula 112 – cut off should be set once at the start of the year – rather than round per round. Majority voted for yes.
- If you are ever disqualified for Formula 112 you are disqualified for the rest of the season. Majority voted yes.
- Helmet rules – current rule states helmet has to be Snell M2015. New rules proposal is that the helmet must be less than 5 years old to the month, from the date of manufacture and have any one of the current standards of Snell or equivalent. Majority voted yes.
- Schedule proposal – vote for popularity only, recommendations will be taken into consideration– combine 600 superbike grid – majority in agreement
- Intermediate superbike to 12 laps, extend 600 superbike to 9 laps – No majority, group is split.
- Race license – change wording in rule book – all competitors must have a roadracing license from…[etc] Majority in favor of adding [road]racing.
- Race license would be $160 you get the $100 back if you volunteer for track volunteer race options. Majority not in favor. Exec will look into ways to get the volunteer situation to become more even. Item tabled for further review.
- 2017 Executive
- Executive directors to go from 9 to 7. Dave Kendal proposed, Jon Bullee seconded.
- Chief Registar position created
- President – Dave Kendal nominated and accepted.
- Vice president – Jon Bullee nominated and accepted.
- Treasurer – Christina Mitchell nominated and accepted. Created an Officer position (Assistant Treasurer) so Todd is able to assist with the transition. Signing authority will need to be transferred to Chrissy Mitchell.
- Secretary – Tricia Reese nominated and accepted.
- Chief Registar – Brian Lam nominated and accepted
director positions – 6 positions:
Joshua Carlos Almeida
Next executive meeting: January 10th, 7:00 pm at Dave's office.