New development at castrol

turn8

The new AMB system is going in

Attachments

• 10300687_736178936446503_69160070590153719_n.jpg
    10300687_736178936446503_69160070590153719_n.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 59

DEFBOY35

although pricey to get set up, this system seemed to work quite well in mission. and appears to be a common system at many of the tracks. maybe something to consider down the road?

Dean

AMB and Tag Heuer timing systems are the norm. They both use the same loop and almost the same transponders. However, you guys have the cheapest system to run with Zoomius RFID. It will be interesting to see how it works with a wider track.

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Too bad the start finish line would probably be safer between turns 4 & 5 as some of us have been discussing.

sand.man

The track map considers the "stadium corner" to be two corners, so I think Brian means between 5 and 6 on this drawing? (looking at this drawing again, it's pretty inaccurate to actual finished design)

13175132020_gallery_img.jpg

M87

My only concern there is that we have had some "exuberant" drives to the finish line and running wide coming out of corner 5 of your diagram will have very serious consequences.

Fireman

The track map considers the "stadium corner" to be two corners, so I think Brian means between 5 and 6 on this drawing? (looking at this drawing again, it's pretty inaccurate to actual finished design)

13175132020_gallery_img.jpg

Ya that track map doesn't really look anything like the actual track layout as of now.

Spooner

My only concern there is that we have had some "exuberant" drives to the finish line and running wide coming out of corner 5 of your diagram will have very serious consequences.

Vs. running full tits straight into corner one, for the finish...

The thought is, that the starts will be far safer between corners (the real corners) 4 & 5. Then it would be trying to run 3 wide through corner one.

~S

M87

Vs. running full tits straight into corner one, for the finish...

The thought is, that the starts will be far safer between corners (the real corners) 4 & 5. Then it would be trying to run 3 wide through corner one.

~S

That's certainly a valid point since there are going to be collisions in the first turn no matter what and obviously you think it's the greater of the two evils.
But why do we have to choose one over the other?
Can we have the start where you suggest and have the finish somewhere else?
Like about 10 yards from where we had the "slow down" markers on the track day?
Maybe a little creativity wouldn't hurt.

M87

At some races the start and finish lines are at different places, Imola is one and I think the A1 ring and Assen. Wasn't some one on here just at Assen? They can correct me on that.
Usually it's a case of the start line being near the middle-end of the straight and the finish line being much nearer the beginning of it. It allows for a full grid to line up on the straight while using the safest/convenient finish line.
I can't think of any tracks where they are on different straights but every Supercross race ever run uses separate start and finish lines, as do most motocross tracks.
I'm not saying it's the best solution but, in racing, it's not unheard of.

yak

Good question Mike, but the short answer to the separate start finish lines is "no" since the timing system isn't capable of doing that.

(I don't know if it could be made capable, but it would involve more equipment $'s and then the potential for even more antennae communication problems.)