Recent content by 1UP5DN

1. 1UP5DN

10 years of sv650

I really enjoyed my time with an SV. It is a great bike. It is docile enough for the rank beginner to learn on and advanced enough to take you deep into expert level roadracing. The vast majority of SV people I met and raced with were great. I like to think that we SV racers had more...
  2. 1UP5DN

Motard Race using Eddie's Esses and a JUMP!

We don't ride supermoto on the roadcourse although I do know what you mean. We have a setup inside the oval so we can use both dirt and pavement (well what pavement there is anyway).
  3. 1UP5DN

Even the Calgary club has some dirt. Our track is generally nasty but we do have dirt whoops and a jump. Ya gotta have dirt to make it supermoto. :cool:
  4. 1UP5DN

Alright but you guys are missing out. There is nothing like slicks on dirt. :D
  5. 1UP5DN

The trick would be to set it up so the bikes came back onto pavement at a place not part of the racing surface. For example on this map, bring the bike back onto pavement in the middle of Eddie's Esses so they have 100 feet or so to clean off their tires before re-entering the racetrack proper.
  6. 1UP5DN

Has anyone actually asked Dan? Why are you so keen to give up before he has even been asked? Not the best pics in the world but this is the setup they use down in Vancouver. It doesn't look very high but it produces a pretty big jump at speed.
  7. 1UP5DN

Nothing is out of the question it just takes more negotiation and figuring out how to do it without dragging dirt onto the track. You guys need to learn how to ride the dirt and jump. It makes supermoto a lot more fun. An aluminum ramp face might be a wee bit slippery. The one they have...
  8. 1UP5DN

If you can get a decent setup for motards I might be able to coax a few of the Calgary guys up. Some dirt would be a major bonus for a motard race.
  9. 1UP5DN

Aaron

That corner always scared me. Not a good place to crash. I think it would take more than a good bump on the noggin to do Aaron any serious damage though. Hope you are OK buddy. I guess this means you won't be down for a Calgary round which sucks as I was looking forward to that.
  10. 1UP5DN

Great Job Dave and Aaron

I've had the pleasure of hearing the unfiltered version of Aaron many many times. If you think he was funny in public, I guarantee you the uncensored version is a LOT funnier. Add alcohol and it gets really outragious. :eek: