Search results

1. DMesher

This is why we race....

Although this was recorded in the UK, it's demonstrates why we race ... on tracks. "www.facebook.com/MotorbikeDaily/videos/1018432821632383" If the big guy had just stayed off the race line.... Enjoy Darel
  2. DMesher

IOM TT Record Lap Video

For those that may not follow British Road Racing, here is a link to Michael Dunlop's record breaking lap of the Mountain Course at the IOM on the weekend. Average speed of 133.4 MPH (215kph). MotoGP riders are excellent, these guys are at another level. Sit back and enjoy the 37 Mile lap...
  3. DMesher

Ulster Grand Prix

One of the best road course race events in the world is Northern Ireland's Ulster Grand Prix. Like the Northwest 200 and the Isle of Man TT, the Ulster is held on a road course. The race is held in the Belfast area in August each year. Craig Gibson, one of the Irish Ulster road racers...
  4. DMesher

Ride For Dad

This weekend (June 13) is the Ride for Dad (The Fight Against Prostate Cancer) If you haven't done one of these rides, it is a great event (1200-1500 bikes) for a great cause. It starts and ends at the Edmonton Garrison, and although knee dragging is discouraged, it is a ton of fun with...
  5. DMesher

WMRC Round 1 and 2

I was wondering if any EMRA racers were thinking of or planning to attend the Round 1+2 double header on May 2 and 3rd in Mission? Darel
  6. DMesher

EMRA at Phillip Island 2015

Just got back from the Phillip Island Circuit in Melbourne. This track is wide, smooth, allows passing everywhere, flows, and is 4445 meters of FAST! One of the most interesting aspects of the circuit is the wind coming off of the ocean. The mornings were calm, by lunch the wind was picking...
  7. DMesher

WERA Grand National Finale

As we are enduring the sub-arctic temperatures of late fall, and approach the start of winter, I thought others might appreciate watching some WERA SUPERSTOCK National Title action from Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama, October 25, 2014. The race was filmed on board with Canadian Marcel...
  8. DMesher

Bodywork Bits and Pieces

For anyone who would like to ask Santa for new bodywork, HotBodies has a great Black Friday sale for all of their individual bodywork bits and pieces as well as some other components. The advertisement was just mailed out today and only good for three days...
  9. DMesher

Hotbodies Race Plastic

As was shouted by Turbo, Hotbodies is having their annual year end two-for-one sale (although shipping is separate). What makes this interesting is that the race bodies don't have to be from the same bike...so find a buddy that is looking for a new body :D and save some dough. Here is the...
  10. DMesher

Dunlop Family Racing Legacy

I have attached the link to an amazing Tribute to the Dunlop Family racing legacy covering two generations Joey/Robert and William/Michael. If you have almost 2 hours, a great movie (not great resolution) although sobering, with some fantastic road racing in Northern Ireland and the Isle of...
  11. DMesher

Race Gear Rental

I would like to invite someone to the August 1st Track night (the Irish gent that provided me with all of the connections when I was at the Northwest 200 in May). Unfortunately, all of his riding gear and bike are back in Ireland. I will provide him with a bike, helmet, and gloves and I...
  12. DMesher

Rider Directory

Okay, at the risk of the wrath of the other forum members, I pose this question and offer..... I have compiled and created member directories for other groups I have been associated with and I would like to see if there is any interest in a maintained rider directory to help new members (and...
  13. DMesher

Gate Fee Question

If the EMRA is able to collect and keep the gate fees at Castrol during race weekends, would it possible to include the entry fee costs and add them to the registration cost for the event online (just increase the cost of the event by this amount)? This would allow racers the option to prepay...
  14. DMesher

Air Fence Test....

I just happened to have my camera running, so here is a video from the EMRA track night on August 1st. The clip shows the effectiveness of the Alpina Air Fence following an incorrectly executed pass on corner #4. The air fence works very well (speaking from experience unfortunately). The...
  15. DMesher

Bonneville Land Speed Record.....Not..

Just returned from a tour through the US (9K in 7 days) that had us traveling through Utah past the Bonneville Salt Flats. It is publicly accessible ... and very alluring, so I said to the other guys as we approached Wendover through Nevada....why not? The salt flats have the consistency of...
  16. DMesher

HardNox Track Day June 22/2014

Posted for Bruno _______________________________________________________________ Here is the link to my flickr webpage. https://www.flickr.com/photos/brunos_photos/sets/ There is only one album at this time and there will be more albums to come as I finish cleaning up over 1000...
  17. DMesher

2014 Dutch TT Photos

I have posted photos taken by Dutch photographer Ad Kievit at this years Dutch TT under the Community/Albums section. The Dutch Superbike was a lesson in racing (and crashing) in the rain...nice to see even the professionals have problems at Assen in the rain... and they were on rain tires...
  18. DMesher

Assen Track Laps

I have posted a video from my Track Days with EYBIS at the MotoGP track in Assen, Holland earlier this month. This video is from my sighting laps during the first session out trying to determine lines, markers etc. It was just starting to 'mist' at the start of the session so I waited to see...
  19. DMesher

EMRA at the North West 200

A shot from the Northwest 200 road race in Northern Ireland (May 10-17). The EMRA was on the Superbike starting grid with the Tyco Team and William Dunlop and Guy Martin can be seen in the photograph. Northern Ireland is a part of the world where the culture revolves around road racing (much...
  20. DMesher

Castrol Track View

I took one of our survey vehicles out to Castrol last week to collect high resolution pavement topographical surface data, 3D track LiDAR data and a bunch of 3D and high resolution digital imagery for the track and dragstrip. We are compiling high resolution models and imagery for the folks at...