Search results

1. scratch

'04 R6 Track Bike for sale

'04 R6 for sale, first $2200 take it. Bought it from a forum member couple years ago and has been great just haven't been getting up to Edmonton enough to justify over the last two tears. Fully wired, Hindel exhaust, steering stabilizer, extra set of rear sets, extra rims front and back with...
  2. scratch

Rain help!

So my bike currently has slicks on it but came with a set of tain tires and a set of rims. I'm going to have tires put on rims but have never changed rims. This weekend looks like it may be rainy so wondering if anyone might be able to give me a hand changing rims at the track if needed? I hate...
  3. scratch

Tire choice for weekend

So currently my bike has slicks on and am looking at this weekends weather. Some rain for sure and so far questionable as to how much on which day. I personally have not changed tires/wheels over myself and am thinking a race weekend is not the ideal time to learn. Thoughts on how much wet is...
  4. scratch

Transponders

Just wondering if transponders are manditory for Novice races? I realize the club has only so many to rent so what happens if they're all rented?
  5. scratch

1985 gsxr 750

Well not sure I want to do this but I've got an '85 GSXR 750 that I think I'm going to sell. I'm the third owner, is in great shape and has barely been ridden over last number of years. Has a few scrapes from previous owner but overall in excellent shape. OD is 29,290. I have lots of info from...
  6. scratch

First Novice Race

So I was planning on doing the August 8th/9th weekend race weekend (did the May race school and a couple track nights) and wanted to know what to expect. As first time novice racer I thought there wasn't any qualifying just random grid placement but wanted to know for sure. Is there a weekend...
  7. scratch

Hitch carrier - feedback?

I've looked a little at the hitch mount carriers offered out there and wanted to know if anyone had any feedback. They look kinda scarey to me but may just do the trick. I know Princess Auto has one for under $200 and the price sounds good but not so sure how well they work. I've got a '98 CBR...
  8. scratch

Another new guy - calgary

So I've always wanted to do some track days so decided better late then never. I picked up a '98 Cbr 600 in pretty good shape that I'm going to dedicate To track use and am now trying to figure out the best way to get started. Figured I'd sign up for the spring school(?) and try to get out for...
  9. scratch

New to track 2015 which bike??

Hey there, Looking to get a dedicated track bike for 2015, don't want to spend an arm/leg and am trying to figure best bang for buck. I'm 40 plus and would like to try and run a few classes. Trying to figure out if I should peruse an SV or a later model (97-01) Cbr/yzf/gsxr. I know the 600s...