Search results

1. Matt Stokes

Yamaha R3 Race Bike for Sale

Sold
  2. Matt Stokes

Wanted - Hard Nox Area 27 Expert Ticket

I'm looking to purchase an Expert ticket for Hard Nox Area 27 on either April 28 or 29. Please message me if you have an Expert ticket you wish to sell.
  3. Matt Stokes

Yamaha R3 Race Bike for Sale

No expense spared Yamaha R3 race bike for sale. Fully safety wired and ready to race. Needs nothing. Would be $20k + to build this bike. Too many features to list, but some include: -Ohlins suspension front and rear; -Carbonin carbon fiber fairings; -Spare wheels with 2-race Dunlop rain tires...
  4. Matt Stokes

Ducati 996 For Sale

I'm selling my 2001 Ducati 996. Here is a link to the ad which contains all the photos and details about the bike: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1651928261&siteLocale=en_CA Contact me at [email protected], or 780-667-3300 to discuss more about the bike. Matt Stokes
  5. Matt Stokes

2023 Rule change discussion

Thanks for your input Steve. I appreciate it very much. It is my opinion that waved starts are more fair and safer when two separate races are on the same grid. I'd appreciate some other experienced races/Exec to provide additional input this. The club members can vote on it. RE: the first...
  6. Matt Stokes

RE: Lightweight rule changes. I agree with Jon and Graham that it's time to update these rules. You will recall that I proposed these rules changes a few years ago, and maybe it wasn't the right time. But now the time seems right. RE: whether to do a waved start for the LW...
  7. Matt Stokes

I would support this, provided the give away was done by a random draw each race weekend at the rider's meeting. That would be a good way to ensure it was fair and would bring a bit of excitement to the rider's meeting. Matt
  8. Matt Stokes

2022 Season Kick-Off Endurance Race

Thanks Brian. If the goal is to entice Lightweight bikes to compete against unlimited displacement superbikes, I would suggest leaving the time penalty at 15 minutes. Has a Lightweight team ever won this event, or even competed in the event? Let's try to get as many bikes out as possible. I'm...
  9. Matt Stokes

Hi Brian. I'm sorry to bother you. I'm preparing for the endurance race, but I don't fully understand the time penalty. I will be racing a Lightweight bike. What do these statements below mean, specifically the phrase in bold below? · 15 Minute time penalty to leverage tire change delays, which...
  10. Matt Stokes

Looking to buy a race prepped bike

Sent you a PM
  11. Matt Stokes

Looks perfect. Can't wait. I'll do my best to get as many LW bikes out as possible.
  12. Matt Stokes

2001 Ducati 996 For Sale

I'm selling a beautiful 2001 Ducati 996. $14,000. This was the last year for the 996 and the bike has some nice factory improvements from previous model years including Marchesini 5 spoke wheels, upgraded Showa forks, and a fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock. Other upgrades include full...
  13. Matt Stokes

For Sale: 2006 Ninja 650R (Sold)

It's too bad. These are great bikes to race and develop solid skills with.
  14. Matt Stokes

Ninja 300 and Chuckwalla

Hi Adam. I'm interested. I will send you a PM.
  15. Matt Stokes

Mentorship

Just a suggestion - Perhaps it makes sense for the EMRA to compile and post a list of Experts or advanced Intermediates who would be willing to be a mentor to a Novice or recently graduated Intermediate. This might be more effective than suggesting that Novices go around the pits and ask for...
  16. Matt Stokes

For Sale: 2006 Ninja 650R (Sold)

What are you buying for this season?
  17. Matt Stokes

Public Statement

Thanks Brian. Great and clear info as always from you. Appreciate that! Agreed that EMRA Directors who have a financial interest in a track day company should abstain from voting on EMRA track day decisions. That is pretty clean cut. Difficult to say how much input those directors should have...
  18. Matt Stokes

Public Statement

This comment insinuates that EMRA Directors at Large compensation is conditional and different to each other. So for example, one Director at Large is only compensated with free race fees and free track days IF the EMRA runs tack days and that Director runs them. Or another Director at Large is...
  19. Matt Stokes

Public Statement

In advance of the upcoming AGM, can EMRA members be informed about which of the current EMRA Board Members have a financial interest in any private track day companies? A financial interest would be items such as legal or beneficial ownership, director, officer, employee or receiving any other...
  20. Matt Stokes

2015 Honda CBR 300

Hi Calvin. Are you buying/building another track bike?