12% Solution

M87

What does everyone think of changing the Formula 133 class to Formula 12 class?
The format would stay the same as now except the time would go down as the track record goes down.
For example the track record, rounded to the next highest second, at Stratotech was 58 seconds. Formula 105 was 12% higher than that (65/58 =1.12)
The current record at Castrol, rounded to the next highest second, is 1'21" (81 seconds) so 81*1.12 =90.72, so the minimum time would be 1'31".
At the end of each weekend a 10 second calculation would give the new limit for the next round.
In last weekends formula 133 class there were only 5 entries and four of them DQed.
It would be nice to see the participation in this class back to the levels we saw at Stratotech.
Mike Cormier

Fireman

Current record is 1:20.1. So the class would be a 1:29.6 or slower.

The problem I see is that if the bus stop is put in for next round, the track record would dramatically change.

With all of this said, I love the idea of having the percentage as a goal and rounding up or down to the closest second. All of it could be based off of the lap record.

yak

Good suggestion Michael, especially as Justin noted the track is changing again.

We may even need to add in a different factor for rain...

sand.man

How about a technical slalom course between 2 and 3? That would be awesome!

Wait, actually no, I ride a 2 ton bike, would not be awesome.

A local Cadwell park would be exciting.

HarrisWings.jpg

It sucks that this grid is combined with the Lightweight Superbike now. This is the only other race that us smaller bikes can go in and be competitive. Now it's mixed with one of our own races...