2004-2013 GSXR recall

macbayne

yes it does. it also applies to australian. the same MC is used worldwide, but so far only english countries will have a recall order.

stupid europeans...

YZF1000jon

It's not an official recall yet, Suzuki Canada is usually a little slower than ASMC, but we have been given notice something is coming. Other manufacturers will be sure to follow as even the infallible Honda uses the same piece.

sv-racing-parts

Nissin Master Cylinder Recall,

:) Looks like this could be a great to upgrade to a Brembo Master Cylinder,

Both Tokico and Nissin Master Cylinders on most all the bikes using them have been notorious for brake fade for years. So in many ways this is just confirmation of what has been a known issue for some time,

It will interesting to see what the fix on this is,

Best regards all,
Blair

macbayne

i don't want to rain on your parade, blair, but this recall has to do with a treatment of the MC piston, or lack thereof. the interaction between the aluminum piston and steel spring creates hydrogen gasses when fluid is old because of moisture content. since the recommended service interval for brake fluid is 2 years, there is ample room for the lever to get soft. someone changing fluid every month will not experience the symptoms that this recall is to fix.

the brembo RCS is just a great upgrade, regardless of any recall notice.

sv-racing-parts

[email protected]

:) It is ok good brother, I was just having a bit of fun with the known performance issues and the fact that now there is a recall on the products as well.

This recall has been out in Australia for a while now and has been posted up on a number of forums over the past weeks,

and yes, Brembo is a sweet move up regardless of the recall,

Best regards,
Blair

YZF1000jon

So far for Canada:
2011/2012/2013 GSXR 600's and 750's
2009/2010/2011/2012/2013 GSXR 1000's
are the subject, and the replacement master cylinder will have a different position on the relief port as well as the upgraded piston coating.

The recall was a result of old fluid in the system interacting as described, so those of you that change the brake fluid regularly should not be alarmed, notices will be sent out to owners, if you want to know if you are affected, you may contact a Suzuki dealer with your VIN to check.

Different markets, and different manufacturers that use Nissin may use a different M/C so don't assume all bikes everywhere using Nissin may be affected.

sv-racing-parts

Different markets, and different manufacturers that use Nissin may use a different M/C so don't assume all bikes everywhere using Nissin may be affected.

:) That is a great point Jon. I have been distributing Nissin Radial Aftermarket Master Cylinders for most all of this recall time period so one of the first things I did was check with our Importer distributor, Shindy, to see if our units were affected and was advised that the version we have been shipping is on the recall list.

Nissin Masters have been a popular upgrade with the Adventure Riders market so good news,

Pretty much the epitome of better safe than sorry,

Best regards,
Blair

YZF1000jon

The recall will be done on a per bike basis, the kits will be ordered by bike serial numberand at this time are available with a lead time of less than a week. Some bikes will require new throttle cables due to different reservoir design. I will bet that waiting until spring means 2 to 3 week turnaround if you're lucky. Because each kit will be ordered for one bike, once one dealer orders one for you, no other dealer can, minimising the habit of one owner ordering from 3 shops and waiting for the first one to get it in. There is over 200,000 bikes affected worldwide from Suzuki, I can offer winter discounts on other goodies that you may want to order at the same time as this recall is being addressed, just a heads up.

YZF1000jon

Legal issue. You install it, (or don't) and then crash and sue Suzuki for $20 million they can't argue against you. Dealer installed, and you crash, your problem, not theirs, it will cost them almost the same in the end except they pay the dealers for all of them, instead of you once.

macbayne

Legal issue. You install it, (or don't) and then crash and sue Suzuki for $20 million they can't argue against you. Dealer installed, and you crash, your problem, not theirs, it will cost them almost the same in the end except they pay the dealers for all of them, instead of you once.

i never crash...

due to my maintenance skills.