2004 Yamaha R6 - will sell cheap - moving

scurial

I'm moving to the US and I can't take my bike with me so I need to sell this ASAP.

So at the end of the season I crashed in the rain in Calgary and then put my bike away for the winter. I was planning on fixing it this spring but simply won't have time before I have to move.

I fixed all of the mechanical parts but there is an electric short that as soon as I connect the battery it blows the main fuse. It should be fairly easy to fix but I won't be able to look at it before I have to move. I'm looking to sell this bike as is for a great price.

It CAN be put onto the street if you so wish but requires headlights...etc and an inspection.

This is a steal if you have a R6 or want a good bike and don't mind doing a little bit of work. Or if you're interested in parting it out the parts will be worth a lot more than I'm asking.

What still needs to be fixed:
  • Body work / paint
  • Electrical short.

makes 108 hp on pump gas
makes 115 hp on race gas (MR10)
all important bits like the frame, subframe, forks and triple clamps are straight

revs to the moon and shifts very smoothly
clutch is still in good condition (only 2 weekends on it)
naturally all safety wired

The bike comes with everything that it needs to run and a pile of spare parts.

Here's the list of parts that it comes with:
2 sets of rims with brake rotors
VORTEX rearsets - 9 point adjustable (2 sets)
2 rear brake levers
2 shift levers
misc rearset stuff
2 brand new spare chains (plus brand new one on bike for 1 weekend)
3 sets of new brake pads
2 sets of frames sliders (plus misc stuff)
6 spare brake/clutch levers
3 spare shift rods (regular and GP style)
6 clip ons (3 vortex 3 Yamaha OEM)
7 rear sprockets (most brand new or used once. Sizes are : 435-54, 51, 50,
49(on spare rims), 48, 47(on bike), 45
3 front sprockets (435-17, 15, ?? on bike)
1 rear axle
1 extra set of spare rotors (plus rotors on spare rims plus Galfer wave
rotors on main rims - 3 sets total)
1 spare set of bushings and attatchment for easy swapping of rear sprocket
during race weekend.
Misc seals, bits, etc.
Race tech high performance fork springs (new, sealed)
Yamaha Service manual
Spare engine covers
Spare subframe (repaired)
1 brand new BMC air filter
2 windscreens
Power commander connection/ misc cds
Spare triple clamp with ignition plus key (bike starts by 2 switches right
now - easier for racing)
Another engine cover
Spare gas cap (Vortex gas cap on bike)
Spare stock rear shock (Ohlins on bike)
Spare rear hugger (stock OEM)
main rims with the wave rotors (spares are on the bike right now with rain
tyres on them..)

$1500
Steve
780-710-5240

I'll post pics tonight.

JDS

Go take a look at it Sev(I did) There's alot of bike, & ALOT OF NEW PARTS for $1500

I told Steve I would take it off his hands if someone doesnt. I really dont need another bike. It would be more of a project bike, something I might put back on the street & give to my son. But, he's pissing me off right now, so I am a little reluctant about giving it to him(that may change by next week)
I would rather see someone put this back on the track where it belongs.

sand.man

Go take a look at it Sev(I did) There's alot of bike, & ALOT OF NEW PARTS for $1500

I told Steve I would take it off his hands if someone doesnt. I really dont need another bike. It would be more of a project bike, something I might put back on the street & give to my son. But, he's pissing me off right now, so I am a little reluctant about giving it to him(that may change by next week)

Will you adopt me?

fask

bahahahhahahahahahahaha

scurial

Thanks for all of the interest, guys. I just sold the bike and hope you'll be seeing it out there this year.