2013 WCC Results

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
dammit. stupid macbook doesnt have a program to open the file properly. it just comes out as jibberish

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Sweet. Thanks. I knew I wasn't close but I was curious were our Edmonton guys ended up.

I didn't even think to check on my phone.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, but am I the only one who thinks the WCC is looking like a joke with two tracks? People who arn't even attending both track are still placing top three....
Maybe there should be more visiting points handed out.....
Both the race clubs are hurting for money right now... And with the castrol costing the emra a pile in air fence maybe it would be in the clubs best interest to stop the wcc until we get three tracks again or more rounds?
Or we could charge a little bit more for fees during the wcc rounds?

Last edited:

Fireman

Don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, but am I the only one who thinks the WCC is looking like a joke with two tracks? People who arn't even attending both track are still placing top three....
Maybe there should be more visiting points handed out.....
Both the race clubs are hurting for money right now... And with the castrol costing the emra a pile in air fence maybe it would be in the clubs best interest to stop the wcc until we get three tracks again or more rounds?
Or we could charge a little bit more for fees during the wcc rounds?

The WCC rounds are our highest attended rounds. These big events put money into both clubs making it possible for us to continue racing. So for your concerns towards money. These events help the WMRC and the emra.

As far as riders who take podium finishes in the championship without attending all 4 races, guys who finish first place finishes in 2 of the 4 rounds will be tough to beat.

A revisit to how points are awarded for 2014 can be looked at. Why don't you send in a proposal? Give us a idea how to make it a event that we can get more people to attend?

In the absence of a 3rd track, there is little we can do but support racing in western Canada. Do you think that shutting it down will accomplish that Neil?

sand.man

Well put Justin, the series is great for both clubs.

But I do agree that it's annoying to be beat out of this championship by people who only attend their home rounds. Ultimately, that's racing and if you want to podium championships, you better be on the podium in races.

But it would be nice to see, and perhaps encourage more racers to attend all the WCC rounds, if we could award WCC points only to those attending all the WCC rounds.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I would like to see something change.... We need more people to be attending the wcc races (all the races). Moving the dates in mission to the summer instead of the guaranteed rain round is an obvious was to increase numbers.... Just have to make it possible.
Jon and I were talking about changes today and he had some great ideas...
He was talking about class changes that both clubs, I think, would benefit from. Jon also brought up how our podium is poop. Do you think sponsors like seeing a sweaty guy with a microphone standing in front of a cement wall?
Jon is on to some very good ideas....
Paging Jon Bullee.......

Fireman

Lets get organised. Make a proposal. Not just vent in a forum.

A date change could help. A better podium probably won't draw more racers, however I like the idea. It can be something we can add to the cost of next years racing. We will all need to dig deep next season.

Any other thoughts?

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Lets get organised. Make a proposal. Not just vent in a forum.

A date change could help. A better podium probably won't draw more racers, however I like the idea. It can be something we can add to the cost of next years racing. We will all need to dig deep next season.

Any other thoughts?
Jon mentioned the podium change.... we were thinking better for sponsors and pictured (not wcc related).
Ill have ideas for the AGM.

DEFBOY35

tied with scott blair for 2nd in SS, I can handle that! so thats a third due to tie break im guessing.
and if i would have pushed to finish those last few laps in superbike third was in reach , oh well, next year!

perhaps extra bonus points for competing in each round as long as you start the race on top of the out of town points. reward those that traveled and competed in all rounds

macbayne

a podium won't make a difference. getting attendance numbers up for the WCC is not in a vacuum, but the sport in general. most people who swing a leg over a bike have no idea that there are even tracks in canada, let alone western canada, and the sport seems so far out of reach to most who even do know about tracks. no one believes me when i say that one can buy an entry-level track bike for under $2k. no one believes me when i tell them that you can run expert times on mostly OEM equipment.

then i tell them how much tires cost and i lose'em, lol.

low attendance at WCC is because of low interest in racing. well not interest, but knowing about racing, and how little it CAN cost. we could increase EMRA membership by 25%, having a sign at the top of groat road for a week, but we know that ain't happenin'.

promoting the WCC/WMRC/EMRA will not be solved in a thread here, but it will take a team of at least 5 people putting forth a significant effort to recruit media/dealers/organisations outside of the clubs to help us out. there is nothing that we can do organically to increase numbers, i believe it has to do with promotion. and you cannot tell me that we get even a little promotion from most dealers in the area.

yes, i will nut-up, and i put my money where my mouth is. i will volunteer for such an endeavor.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
What's with the name dropping Neil Carlson hahah???

Sooo many good ideas coming to the club for this year and next year. This is the best motorcycle racing club around! Things just keep getting bigger and better, I'm looking forward to it.

Dean

tied with scott blair for 2nd in SS, I can handle that! so thats a third due to tie break im guessing.
and if i would have pushed to finish those last few laps in superbike third was in reach , oh well, next year!

perhaps extra bonus points for competing in each round as long as you start the race on top of the out of town points. reward those that traveled and competed in all rounds

Actually Shane, I would think that since you tied Scott, but the fact that you ran all rounds, that consideration should actually beat out Scott Blair for second, putting him in 3rd place, because you ran more rounds. Of course, that's just one man's opinion.

Dean

The WCC rounds are our highest attended rounds. These big events put money into both clubs making it possible for us to continue racing. So for your concerns towards money. These events help the WMRC and the emra.

As far as riders who take podium finishes in the championship without attending all 4 races, guys who finish first place finishes in 2 of the 4 rounds will be tough to beat.

A revisit to how points are awarded for 2014 can be looked at. Why don't you send in a proposal? Give us a idea how to make it a event that we can get more people to attend?

In the absence of a 3rd track, there is little we can do but support racing in western Canada. Do you think that shutting it down will accomplish that Neil?

Completely agreed. Perhaps we can adjust visiting rider points to 5 points or perhaps 10 points per round to offset two 1st place finishes for those who don't attend the visiting rounds? I'm not sure really how to address that though.

Fireman

Completely agreed. Perhaps we can adjust visiting rider points to 5 points or perhaps 10 points per round to offset two 1st place finishes for those who don't attend the visiting rounds? I'm not sure really how to address that though.

Our rule book state that in the event of a tie the rider that has the most rounds started will win. If still tied the most 1st, then 2nds, then 3rds etc.