2014 ITU World Grand Final needs Street riders

ian

Good morning. I am recruiting motorcycle volunteers for this year’s ITU (International Triathlon) race at Hawrelak Park, Thursday August 28th thru Monday September 1st. This is a truly exciting event that will bring in thousands of professional athletes from around the world (www.edmontontriathlon.org).

Motorcyclists are required on the race course primarily for the bicycle road race portion of the event, carrying Race Officials, Media and Medical staff. The motorcyclists must be comfortable riding in an often challenging, fast paced environment, in close proximity to the athletes. Lunch, water and a daily $10 gas card are provided. Cruiser bikes, sport bikes and loud pipes are not ideal for this event.

I have participated as a volunteer for the ITU for approximately 14 years. It is a very exciting event and a great chance to be a part of a huge event for sport in Alberta. It’s also a great way to meet other motorcyclists with similar interests. Please let your membership know! Any interested members can contact me at any time (please book your spot soon!). Thank you!

Darren Nickle

ITU World Grand Final 2014
Motorcycle Support
[email protected]
780-446-8875

If you're thinking of doing this, go for it. I've done forerunning in a crit before, it's super fun. I've always wanted to carry refs or media.

Edmonton is too far for me to go without accommodations, though.

Sport bikes are too awkward for a passenger that needs freedom to look around, and cruisers just aren't agile enough.

A sport-touring/standard/adventure bike is ideal.

TdF-GS.jpg

Just look out for unruly fans.

the-tour-de-france-a-1_600x0w.jpg

Last edited: