2015 Bike show!

ian

The 2015 Bike show is only a month away, Jan 16th thru 18th and we're looking for some Volunteers and bikes.

We need two race bikes for display and many volunteers to help to man the booth, where you will be able to promote our wonderful club and sport whilst eating small donuts. Volunteers get free entry into the show so you can check out the new bikes before or after your time slot.

Friday Jan 16, Noon till 5 PM.
Dana D
Brian Worsdall 2 PM - 6 PM
Need Volunteer

Friday Jan 16, 5 PM till 9 PM.
Corey S

Darel M

Saturday Jan 17, 10 AM to 3 PM.
Shane F
Allan G

Saturday Jan 17, 3 PM to 8 PM.
Paul C
Brian Worsdall 2 PM - 6 PM
Trish Reese

Sunday Jan 18, 10 AM to 1:30 PM.
Scott P
Dave K

Sunday Jan 18, 1:30 PM to 5 PM -plus tear down and loading
Jon B
Marissa E

Please let me know what day or days you can help out and what times you are available. We're hoping that people can book in for 4 or 5 hour time slots.

If you want to show your shiny uncrashed race bike, please keep in mind that the bike needs to be dropped of on Thursday evening the 15th, and then picked up on the evening of the 18th.

Let me know what you can do to help the club.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Spooner

Hey Ian,

We might want to break out the two, 5 hour shfts to three, 3 hour shifts or so. 5 hours to answer questions and promote the club is a bit to long... (IMO) Then we could also split the sunday shift up as well.

Put me down for the Sunday morning or Sunday shift, whatever gets sorted out.

~S

ian

Thanks guys, I have added your names.

The times I put up in brackets are just suggestions, let me know what times you are available and we'll make it work.

Ian

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
I don't think I'm in town for this but you can take my pretty race bike for display. I'll deliver it Thursday evening.

gixxer60_0

What about at Calgary bike show? Is there any representation there ? Since there is no racing in Calgary.

DMesher

Ian, I'm available any time for the 3 day show with the exception of the evening of Jan 17. Let me know where I can help.

yak

What about at Calgary bike show? Is there any representation there ? Since there is no racing in Calgary.

That's a good question, but at this point it is likely too late to consider for this year. It could certainly be discussed, but in addition to the cost (over $800 directly) there are the logistics of staffing a booth a long way from our main racer base.

gixxer60_0

That's a good question, but at this point it is likely too late to consider for this year. It could certainly be discussed, but in addition to the cost (over $800 directly) there are the logistics of staffing a booth a long way from our main racer base.

I totally get the extra costs and the manning of it but with RockyView potentially coming online. Exposure in Calgary won't be bad. My 2c. I'm not a member of emra but next time I would volunteer fyi

ian

Ian, I'm available any time for the 3 day show with the exception of the evening of Jan 17. Let me know where I can help.

Thanks Darel, I have put you down for Friday from 5 PM to 9 PM, let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Ian

S-african

If Rockview starts construction - I'd be happy to volunteer in Calgary (And sure I could get a few of the prev CMRA racers to help out too)

Fireman

If Rockview starts construction - I'd be happy to volunteer in Calgary (And sure I could get a few of the prev CMRA racers to help out too)

Thank you guys for your enthusiasm. The motorcycle show is expensive to take part in. However it is nessisary to have a presence in the region.

Once Calgary and area has a new track the CMRA will need members to promote the track and club. It will be great to have the Cmra and its members at a new venue!