2016 Bike Show

Dave86

Hi folks, we're still a couple months away from the bike show (January 15-17th), but we need to get names in by December 11th in order to get free passes for the volunteers, so we're looking for people to staff the booth and spread word about our club. You will get free entry into the show so you can check out all the bikes before or after your shift.

We need to fill the following time slots, please PM me or post up with what you can work and I will update it as we go.

Setup Thursday January 14th (Time TBA - must be finished by 8PM)
Dave Kendal
Jon Bullee
Dana Draper

Friday Jan 15, Noon till 5 PM.
Dana Draper
Cory Svatos

Friday Jan 15, 5 PM till 9 PM.
Dave Kendal
Jess Pyringer

Saturday Jan 16, 10 AM to 3 PM.
Brian Worsdall
Alaa S. Atallah

Saturday Jan 16, 3 PM to 8 PM.
Owen Baba
Jon Bullee

Sunday Jan 17, 10 AM to 1:30 PM.
Ernie McCafferty
Shane Fraser

Sunday Jan 17, 1:30 PM to 5 PM -plus tear down and loading
Jason Kolmatycki
Dave Kendal
Glen Gregoire

Thanks to Jon Bullee and Jason Kolmatycki for volunteering their bikes for display.

Last edited:

Dave86

Thanks all for the quick responses, just a few shifts to cover still, I can also move things around if this doesn't work for anyone. I'd ideally like to see 2-3 people per shift so that people can cover each other and take breaks.

Dave86

Perfect, we've got enough people to fill all the time slots now, thanks for the quick response everyone. I'll get all the names in for show passes and follow up with everyone before the show. Just let me know with some warning if you're not able to make the time I've got you in for.

Dave86

Anybody from the club who would like to help represent us is absolutely welcome to come hang out at the booth, we only get 10 passes though so it was pretty much first come first served for the volunteer passes.

blam

Administrator
Wow. How did I miss this post.

If someone ends up unable to help, I'd be happy to help out on sat/sun any time.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys set up in the booth? I didn't even see the emra booth this year

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Wow. How did I miss this post.

If someone ends up unable to help, I'd be happy to help out on sat/sun any time.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys set up in the booth? I didn't even see the emra booth this year

How could you miss the booth? You were too busy at the show checking out all awesome new Honda sport bike... paint schemes?

The booth has a couple tables, set up with our posters, and a free race school draw. As well as info about getting involved with the club and volunteering. We have a couple huge banners we put up that say EMRA all over them. I hear Brian trying to secure Costco as a TV sponsor for us, to get a giant TV to play a bunch of race videos on in the back ground, or we will just take my garage TV and use that again....

blam

Administrator
i don't think I even stopped by the honda area for very long. i think i stopped by the marquez race suit briefly and moved on. haha!

race videos are a great idea. i have a small 42" you guys can borrow too if you guys want to throw a video or picture (from alana's collection?) slide show or something up. if you know some of the newer racers, maybe put up side by side pictures of their progress throughout the year? its a lot of work (i'd be happy to help with that) but i think when people see other riders they can relate to, they'd be more enticed to look into the club further.

lots of the guys I talked to in the pits at the Hardknox days had no idea EMRA existed which was kind of surprising to me. they were blown away when I told them the EMRA did races and such and i think I convinced a few guys to try and sign up to the 2016 race school though which is great.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
lots of the guys I talked to in the pits at the Hardknox days had no idea EMRA existed which was kind of surprising to me. they were blown away when I told them the EMRA did races and such and i think I convinced a few guys to try and sign up to the 2016 race school though which is great.

This is the never ending battle of promoting the club. Gotta spread the good word. We can't sell the race school at the show, but we can inform people race school sign up will be available on the emra website starting the weekend of the bike show.

tcasey87

This is the never ending battle of promoting the club. Gotta spread the good word. We can't sell the race school at the show, but we can inform people race school sign up will be available on the emra website starting the weekend of the bike show.

Does anyone post information about the club on the Edmonton riders group on facebook? Or in the motorcycles category on Kijiji?

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Does anyone post information about the club on the Edmonton riders group on facebook? Or in the motorcycles category on Kijiji?

I've never thought of Kijiji. But as for social media members post a number of EMRA posts on various Facebook group, EdmontonSportRiderz, Alberta Track day Pilots, EAGR, Alberta Motorsports Volunteers are a few that come to mind. There's a fine line that needs to be walked when it comes to posting things on social media and not coming off as a spammer.