2018 transponder group buy

DEFBOY35

DEADLINE HAS PASSED!!

Thanks to those who jumped in on this to take advantage of the savings and thank you to mylaps for allowing us to do this for the membership.

The order is being placed. Once I know when we will be receiving the order I will post up on how to go about getting yours.

As well. As per tech rules. It is the sole responsibility of the racer to have his or her transponder in working order and set up ready to go. So make sure to have them charged up and activated / up to date before you come to the track for round 1
And don't forget to put your transponder number into your msr account.

Last edited:

blam

Administrator
bump for the update.

also want to add to Shane's last note.
I will NOT be at round 1. I will be at the track Friday night setting up and maybe Saturday morning getting a session in before i disappear, but will likely not be available to help you guys with your transponders that weekend.

If you are having issues and cannot solve it, please contact me before round 1 and I'll help however I can. I know a lot of guys had issues updating firmware last year.

Please bear in mind, I am not MyLaps tech support and your issues are not mine. I am happy to help, but will have no problem dropping you if you are rude to me.

If you want to test your transponder, Live Timing tests will likely be done at race school(to be confirmed). you're welcome to come out and walk your transponder across the line to make sure it registers. I'll make a post about this closer to the date.

I had a lot of members asking for help last year at round 1 and it boiled down to one of the following issues:
1. Firmware - please check the week round 1. last year there was 2 updates before round 1
2. overdue subs - When you renew your sub, you will have to check the above anyways.
3. Use a correct wall plug. most apple chargers don't work. use a laptop or computer if you don't have a different one.
4. Direct charge - make sure the race key connection is solid. if not, order a fix kit. they are free.
5. Improper mounting.
6. Improper entry of transponder number in MSR

Last edited:

Snak

EMRA Executive Member
If you are a racer you have probably waited until now to jump on this deal. Just a fair warning, TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY!

DEFBOY35

Okay. Will have the transponders tomorrow morning in my hands.

Here's your options:

If it's a new unit,
Option a- get ahold of me by email or carrier pigeon etc. make arrangements to come pick up.
Option b- I will bring whatever is not picked up to race school/hx weekend. Pick up there.

If it's a subscription,
Option a- make arrangements to pick up like above.
Option b- race school/hx pickup
Option c- email me and tell me you want me to just send you your scratch code. I will then email it to you so you can use it.

As an added bonus. If any of the out of town guys are going to the hx area27 experience I will bring them for you if AND ONLY IF you message me before and tell me that's what you would like.

That should cover everything.