Any new rules?

Alicat

Do we need any new safety gear ie brake guard ? Are pit bikes going to be legal? Is the noise bylaw lifted?

Alicat

Thanks. If I understood the rules correctly we have to comply with tracks noise laws, which their isn't any at castrol. As far as pit bikes we just need safety gear on.

M87

Pit bikes have never been allowed I can't see how the new venue would change that.

Spooner

Pit bikes have never been allowed I can't see how the new venue would change that.

The pitbike rule was enforced and mandated by Stratotech, not the EMRA. Castrol events often see pit bikes running around. The club will release details in the upcoming weeks.

I'll be bombing around with my Grom! Just sayin';)

~S

Fireman

Pit bikes will be allowed. Your competition number will be required to be on the bike/quad.

Fireman

Vortex, woodcraft, eBay, dion. Lots of choices.

You can buy direct or through one of our site vendors.

McLovin

Shit, I just noticed in the rule book that brake guards are required. Can anyone confirm this? I don't recall this requirement during the EMRA race school. Thx

yak

Shit, I just noticed in the rule book that brake guards are required. Can anyone confirm this? I don't recall this requirement during the EMRA race school. Thx

Yes, a front brake lever protector is required.

In a pinch a bent piece of aluminum strip (about 3/16" thick x 3/4" wide) would work. A bit of creativity will be required to attach it depending on the type of bars you are running. I would also round the corners by filing and sanding. It doesn't have to be fancy.