Castrol track day Sept 1.

ian

The EMRA has rented the newly paved West loop of the Castrol road course in preparation for racing there in 2014. :) If you would like to participate in this track day on September 1 go to our "Fees and Payment" page at this link:
http://emra.ca/index.php?pageid=payments

The cost is $200 for each of the the three usual track day groups: Racer, Fast Street and Slow Street. We will be on track from 9 AM until 4 PM. Registration should open at about 8 AM. There will be no concession so bring your own food and drink.

Due to the high cost of track rental EMRA volunteer vouchers will not be accepted at this event.

The event will go ahead, rain or shine, no refunds.

The loop we are renting has been highlighted in yellow in the picture below.
CastrolWestLoop.jpg

Last edited:

EdmDuc796

Can spectators come by? Thanks Ian. By the way your Gxxer was flying on the weekend, what did you do to it? :)

madmax

the west loop is 1.1 km the east loop is 1.5km and all together 2.7km super short super fast i think fast guys will see sub to low 40sec lap times

yak

While fast is the goal of racing, let's get out and have some fun checking out this new and not quite complete facility.

See you at the track!

racer51

Arrrrgghhh, short notice for this has me on a long ago planned bike trip on the island! My wife would kill me if I dropped the vacay in lieu of the track day...but I sure would like to!

Have fun boys & girls!

Brown

Arrrrgghhh, short notice for this has me on a long ago planned bike trip on the island! My wife would kill me if I dropped the vacay in lieu of the track day...but I sure would like to!

Have fun boys & girls!

Like wise for me, we have a family camping trip planned. Expect to see the gixxer at castrol in the future, cant wait!

Fireman

The EMRA doesn't have any plans currently to do track days. Hopefully some of our track day providers will step up and do some.

The EMRA is looking forward to putting on a full race season at Castrol next year however.

roadrash

Are there more trackdays planned for next year?

Hey Sev, myself and the rest of the HardNoX crew are going to go to the Opening event at Castrol this week to get a 'hands on' view of the track and facilities so we can evaluate our schedule for next year.
We are super eager to get out there and ride some new turns!!! Whhoohoo!!!

Rob

macbayne

Hey Sev, myself and the rest of the HardNoX crew are going to go to the Opening event at Castrol this week to get a 'hands on' view of the track and facilities so we can evaluate our schedule for next year.
We are super eager to get out there and ride some new turns!!! Whhoohoo!!!

Rob

those are some cool beans.

Blaknwite

The EMRA doesn't have any plans currently to do track days. Hopefully some of our track day providers will step up and do some.

The EMRA is looking forward to putting on a full race season at Castrol next year however.

Cant make the TD, fam Vacay, but sign me up for next season and whatever bump up we need for Air Fence. How about a 50/50 along the lines of the 105? Stick two of those of races in there with an extra entry fee perhaps?

This club is well run and inexpensive.

Well played The Board, you guys really are a credit. Thank you.