Congrats to all the New Racers!

Parker08

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Congratulations to all the students who completed EMRA and OTP Race school 2021!

If you are interested in racing - here are your next steps
There's a lot here - so read carefully.

1. EMRA Memberships
  • If you did race school with EMRA Your 2021 EMRA membership was included with your race school fees.
  • If you did race school with OTP, your membership is not included and must be purchased prior to any of the following steps if you wish to race.
  • EMRA memberships must be renewed annually.
2. Race License
  • There is no physical race license.
  • Race Licenses are NOT included in your race school fees and must be renewed annually.
  • When you purchase your race license, you will choose your race number at that time also.
  • Purchase your race license, and reserve your race number here: http://msreg.com/emra2021
3. Race Number
  • The coveted race number. we all want one. you may reserve your number on MSR when you purchase your race license. The system is automated. It will show you a list of what is taken and what is not taken and by whom. If you don't see a long list of reserved numbers when you pick yours, you did something wrong.
  • Race numbers are valid for the current season and up until the end of round 1 of the following race season. After that, all numbers not reserved with a race license are released as an option for all racers.
4. Air Fence Deposit
  • Air Fence Deposit is an annual fee.
  • The Air Fence Deposit is an initiative to get more involvement with the membership to help the executive team set up and tear down air fence. We can not do it alone.
  • This deposit can be refunded/credited to your MSR account by helping out with air fence set up.
  • When you do help out with air fence - you must check in with an EMRA Exec member (This year it's Graham, Trevor, or myself ) so we have your name on our list of who showed up and gets a refund.
  • If you don't help out, your $100 goes towards new airfence.
5. Registering for Your First Race!
  • The first opportunity you have to race is this weekend - Round 3 & 4: July 23 - 25, 2021!
  • Register here: http://msreg.com/EMRA-Rd3-4
  • Registration closes Tuesday July 20th at midnight. Anyone registering after that will have to contact me to re-open registration - and there is a $50 late fee.
  • As with all EMRA events, make sure to completely sign the event waiver prior to rolling up to the track on Friday.
  • A tech bulletin will be out on the website forum in a few days, but hopefully it's still fresh in your minds all the minimum safety requirements that your bike and your gear must meet in order to race. (It's usually posted in the General Discussion/News forum here: http://www.emra.ca/forums/index.php?forums/news.16/ but may also be posted elsewhere in the forum, so keep your eyes peeled.
  • This weekend is a double header. Full day practice on Friday, and races on both Saturday and Sunday. (You do not have to do Friday practice to race on Saturday or Sunday.)
  • Novices are eligible to race in the two novice races each race day.
  • You only need to purchase your First Novice race per day. This $100 fee includes Both novice races for the day. Do Not purchase another race.
  • Make sure to include your gate fee and medical data carrier in your registration.
  • If you do not have a transponder, you must rent one in your registration purchase. If you are renting one, see Neil Carlson (double green tents near the front) to pick it up on your first day.
  • ps - once your make a payment for your registration, you can NOT go back and edit - I will have to do that for you if you forget anything.
6. Advancing to Intermediate License
  • Novices may be considered for promotion to the Intermediate class after they have successfully completed 4 consecutive novice races without incident. Because this coming race round is a double header, if you complete 4 clean races and feel comfortable moving up to intermediate class, contact me requesting to move to the intermediate class and I will confirm if you are able to be promoted. If so, I will change your race license to intermediate so you can race the intermediate races in the next round.
  • If you feel like continuing to race novice all season (which is an option some racers prefer to do) do not assume you can just purchase an intermediate race license next year. All race license promotions must be approved by the exec.
7. The Most Important Thing
  • Have fun!
  • If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Grace O'Brien 08
EMRA Registrar [email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited: