Endurance Race 2011

And if size doesnt matter for EMRA why isn't there a under 600cc riding out there.
Not to stir up a whole other can of worms but I wish there was a catch all class for lower powered bikes. It would be fun and cheap as heck to race in a class with ninja 250's, drz400's, RS125's, etc. A class where you wouldn't worry so much about built engines and fresh race tires each weekend, just getting out there and turning laps, having fun. We race on a kart track so I don't understand why there is so much empasis on the supersports and superbikes. The aprilia cup had the right idea but cost of entry was buying a brand new bike at the time, not feasible for a lot of us.

YZF1000jon

Not to stir up a whole other can of worms but I wish there was a catch all class for lower powered bikes.
Hmmm, you mean like 420cc or less multi's, twins up to 550, and singles up to 650 racing together? Like, oh, let's say, Lightweight Sportbike?;)

Hmmm, you mean like 420cc or less multi's, twins up to 550, and singles up to 650 racing together? Like, oh, let's say, Lightweight Sportbike?;)
Lightweight sportbike is twins up to 650. Something like a ninja 250 or DRZ400sm is not going to be competitive against an SV650, or any of the KTM 525 640 etc. Bikes in the 20-30hp range don't really have a class to race besides novice, I've seen a few 250's out there the last couple years but where do they go after there novice rounds?

YZF1000jon

I stand corrected, the program has an error. The idea behind the smaller bikes racing isn't necessarily competitiveness, bt to teach lines, corner speed and generally getting used to racing as an event.

Before every AGM we post requests for rule changes, so draft a proposal, present it to us, and we will put it to the membership for a vote. The rulebook and classes are not set in stone, but it is only 3 weeks away from RD1, we can't change things now, but 2012 is not far away.

mojobie

Lightweight sportbike is twins up to 650. Something like a ninja 250 or DRZ400sm is not going to be competitive against an SV650, or any of the KTM 525 640 etc. Bikes in the 20-30hp range don't really have a class to race besides novice, I've seen a few 250's out there the last couple years but where do they go after there novice rounds?

Last season I raced my Ninja 250 in Lightweight and Formula GP (even though I suppose it doesn't technically qualify for FGP, I had an exception).

Even Novice isn't a great place since there's quite a few larger displacement bikes. Actually, in my Novice season, I ran Round 1 in Novice, then I joined Norm's kids in Lightweight and FGP for my second set of Novice races, after which I asked to be bumped up to Intermediate.

I've asked in the past about a race for the low HP bikes, but realistically, how many are out there? Two years ago there was myself and Norm's kids, and a couple more in the RS125 specific race (which I couldn't enter). Last year was me, and maybe an RS125 every now and then. This year will be me again, but who else?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some competition (instead of truly being a pylon - other people joke, but I'm the real deal :p), but as with most "American" type sports, it's often about bigger and more powerful...

I know where you're coming from, I'm going to be running my wr250 in novice this year. I know Heiko was racing that drz400 in motard with no one to run with last season. I don't know if Norms kids are racing again this year or not. It would be nice to have someone to race against on a similar powered bike.

Planepower

I know where you're coming from, I'm going to be running my wr250 in novice this year. I know Heiko was racing that drz400 in motard with no one to run with last season. I don't know if Norms kids are racing again this year or not. It would be nice to have someone to race against on a similar powered bike.

I thought i rode fairly well in lightweight and motard all things considering. The DRZ is capable of more than i could get from it - it only lacked on top end. But a 30hp 400lb bike is in a class of its own :p