Engine Case Guards

Disco Duc

I have had no luck trying to find case covers for my Ducati 848...does this mean I cannot come up to Edmonton and race this weekend????

Thanks

Ryan

Juan42

I have had no luck trying to find case covers for my Ducati 848...does this mean I cannot come up to Edmonton and race this weekend????

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Not necessarily...we will not fail bikes due to lack of availability of race covers for that particular bike. We certainly don't want to discourage anyone from racing in EMRA events(quite the contrary), however...

We are trying to be flexible about the new rule requirement, while ensuring that the intent of the rule is met(i.e. bikes must not be deemed to be at elevated risk of oiling the track in the event of a crash).
Please have a read of this post....it should help to answer your questions.
http://emra.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=579
Hope that helps.
If you have any more specific questions, please post up or send me a PM.
Thanks,
Juan

Disco Duc

The alternator case is totally covered by the bodywork, but the clutch cover is exposed. I do have frame sliders on the bike. Not sure if that will make a difference.

Thanks for all the help.

JD96

Hi Ryan,
Not necessarily...we will not fail bikes due to lack of availability of race covers for that particular bike. We certainly don't want to discourage anyone from racing in EMRA events(quite the contrary), however...

We are trying to be flexible about the new rule requirement, while ensuring that the intent of the rule is met(i.e. bikes must not be deemed to be at elevated risk of oiling the track in the event of a crash).
Please have a read of this post....it should help to answer your questions.
http://emra.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=579
Hope that helps.
If you have any more specific questions, please post up or send me a PM.
Thanks,
Juan
pm sent. Another CMRA racer hoping to come up for the weekend, but suddenly Im having a few doubts! I dont want to drive 4 hours each way for nothing....

Fireman

I think you could be right. However I could fill a room with stuff I don't know, and this would fit right in there.

andrew_marles

SV650 case guards

Woodcraft makes a nice guard for the SV650, but most tracks don't require them. Are they required at Stratotech? I'm happy to comply, just want to plan ahead. Thanks.

YZF1000jon

As mentioned further up in the post they are required where available, and I would recommend pairing them with frame savers as well. The intent of the rule is to keep oil off the track in the event a cover is cracked or broken from impact. The combination of both is worth the peace of mind, but they shouldn't be very expensive as SV's are plentiful on racetracks.

jetfixer15

Just a note that the 03 and up SV650's require a 99-02 SV650 side engine cover so they can utalize the aftermarket engine case guards. It's an easy swap, and you can get one second hand at a wreckers, SVriders website or ebay. I have crashed my SV several times and have never had the engine side cases touch down (I have frame sliders), but I still installed case guards as it is a requirement and they are available for the SV. Blair at SV Racing Parts has them.

sv-racing-parts

Woodcraft makes a nice guard for the SV650, but most tracks don't require them. Are they required at Stratotech? I'm happy to comply, just want to plan ahead. Thanks.

:) Hi Andrew, I have the Engine Cover you need for our bikes, Just Email me at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

I know that you know I can ship to your door,

BTW: Email me and let me know if the parts from Geoff at GP Tech arrived at your door yet,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

sv-racing-parts

Mandatory Engine Case Guards

:) Just a heads up reminder to anyone needing to get the Mandatory Case Guards for their bikes this year ; I have them all for us and I will be providing the same great shipped to your door all in service for EMRA Members and all New Racers , or Stet Riders wanting them,

Just Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Dean

Just a note that the 03 and up SV650's require a 99-02 SV650 side engine cover so they can utalize the aftermarket engine case guards. It's an easy swap, and you can get one second hand at a wreckers, SVriders website or ebay. I have crashed my SV several times and have never had the engine side cases touch down (I have frame sliders), but I still installed case guards as it is a requirement and they are available for the SV. Blair at SV Racing Parts has them.

I've been looking around, and there are zero case covers for a 2nd gen SV. Would that not make them exempt? Obviously, if they are not made for the 2nd gens, then they don't need them? I've not been to a track other than Stratotech where they are required for 2nd gen SVs.

sv-racing-parts

Mandatory Engine Case Guards

Hi Dean, For the Gen 2 SV650 you swap in the Inner Clutch Case Cover from the Gen 1 SV650,

I have the Gen 1 SV650 Inner Clutch Case Covers in stock here for the Gen 2 SV650 to bolt right on. They are not expensive,

I also have the Woodcraft Outer Engine Cover with Skid Plates for the SV650 so it is an easy bolt on for all SV650's.

The Club Tech has been having SV650 racers perform this upgrade for a couple of years now,

You can Email me Directly for them anytime,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards.
Blair

Last edited: