Insurance

Logan

I just tried getting disability insurance for the track and they approved it but put in a clause that I wasn't covered for motor sports..... Kind of pointless considering that's what I wanted it for.

What do you guys use for insurance for racing?

Thanks for the help!

rparsloe

Cost of racing may be a bit towards the upper scale; even though the consideration of increased risk and potential of even higher consequence may weigh fairly high, the sheer freedom of the mind with no internal noise while riding pays off in many ways..
I just obtained insurance with Tugo for 3 days racing in the USA where medical cost(s) can be rather atrocious even for a basic intervention.
Cost: 3 days medical insurance that covers 'hazardous activities' (motorized competition) for a total coverage to not exceed $500K with a $2K U.S deductible = $252 Can. FYI

DEFBOY35

Cost of racing may be a bit towards the upper scale; even though the consideration of increased risk and potential of even higher consequence may weigh fairly high, the sheer freedom of the mind with no internal noise while riding pays off in many ways..
I just obtained insurance with Tugo for 3 days racing in the USA where medical cost(s) can be rather atrocious even for a basic intervention.
Cost: 3 days medical insurance that covers 'hazardous activities' (motorized competition) for a total coverage to not exceed $500K with a $2K U.S deductible = $252 Can. FYI
Are you flying in and out?
Make sure the coverage is for the time you enter the us to the time you enter Canada. Have to include the travel days from what they have told me in the past.

rparsloe

Are you flying in and out?
Make sure the coverage is for the time you enter the us to the time you enter Canada. Have to include the travel days from what they have told me in the past.
That is an excellent point you have made and one to ponder - good to investigate.
I have more than sufficient medical coverage for 'out of country' travel (up to 40 days) but my regular insurance plan has a ceiling of $500K, just felt additional coverage was warranted given nature of risk/consequence.
When booking with Tugo, I stated that I wanted 'hazardous activity' coverage for the period of time that I would actually be undertaking hazardous activities since other insurance provided adequate coverage for while I was travelling out of country. Basic plan + hazardous activities.

DEFBOY35

Hmm. It was Tugo before that told me I had to take the coverage from the day I left the country until the day I was back. But that may have also been before they went to their flat rate for hazardous activity.
Wanted regular insurance for travel days and the high risk coverage for the days spent on track, at the time at least, it was all or nothing!

Kabazzi

Although later studies claimed that modafinil had no effect on cardio-vascular symptoms, the consensus is that it can cause an increase in resting B.P. if you are already under stress.
https://whatroseknows.com/xcellerate35-review/
Besides that, there is an abuse potential in vulnerable populations (ex stimulant users). Even though Modafinil exerts its effects differently than Amphetamine or Cocaine, the potential is still there, albeit lower than any of the other stimulants.

Last edited:

Logan

I've never heard of somebody going to a broker or other company to insure a rental vehicle or own home, because to do so you need specific details about the exact everything you are insuring.
I think you missed the topic of this post......