MW Twins eligibility?

Arctic Donkey

Is MW Twins open to expert and intermediate riders? I thought it was both, just looking for clarification from someone who actually knows.

Last edited:

friendlyfoe

just as a slightly further explanation (and my own curiosity) this is in regards to the fact that the parts canada superbike series has scrapped the SV cup. Curious if the EMRA still plans on running the SV cup or if they will switch over to what the cdn superbike series is doing and have an inter/expert MW twins class under the cdn superbike rules (minimum weights, maximum HP, and complies with sportbike equipment rules).

Last edited:

jetfixer15

I would think that there would be a MWT expert and MWT intermediate (replacing the SV Cup - with all 750cc and under v-twin bikes elligible) class for next year. It would be the logical way to go otherwise no one riding a MWT bike would have a chance at becoming an expert.

friendlyfoe

I would think that there would be a MWT expert and MWT intermediate (replacing the SV Cup - with all 750cc and under v-twin bikes elligible) class for next year. It would be the logical way to go otherwise no one riding a MWT bike would have a chance at becoming an expert.

if it were an inter/expert class it wouldn't really matter much tho would it? i think the biggest issue is the fact that last years MW twins class has open modifications, and the new cdn superbike class is limited to sportbike rules

sv-racing-parts

Mwt

Is MW Twins open to expert and intermediate riders? I thought it was both, just looking for clarification from someone who actually knows.

:) I would like to hear from one of the exec as well,

The only issue I can see with it combined is that I would hate to see the Experts on the first row messed up by the lesser skilled riders going wildly into turn one,

I would like to see us maintain the couple rows between the classes at the start, and run the MWT classes together on the track.

Regardless of how we do it, I am excited to see everyone out at Stratotech again this year,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

friendlyfoe

i dont think too many people would have an issue starting the expert racers infront of the intermediates. To me it seems like the biggest problem would be that last years MW twins was an open modification class, and the cdn superbike MW twins class introduced this year is sportbike modifications, which if it were to be enforced might exclude some of the expert riders with full modifications.

sv-racing-parts

Mwt

:) The Experts always started a few rows ahead to get them out and through the corner before the crazies came from behind. My point is it should be continued, and especially so if the motards run with us again.

The Cdn National rules are mute point, we don't host any nationals, there is no Suzuki contingency money, and no points, so the MWT rules are really the only game in town,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

Mwt

Never again, it is all over.

Last year Suzuki began to introduce the MWT classes but contingency was restricted to only the very latest models,

You will not see Suzuki come to the plate with an all years SV contingency program like the SV Cup again; Cash and Time have passed us by with Suzuki,

The good news is you can go for it and have fun on you SV at Stratotech,

Blair

ian

To keep things simple for 2010, we will continue to have the Expert Middleweight Twins class and instead of the now extinct SV Cup we will have Intermediate Middleweight Twins with the same bike rules as the Expert class. The two classes will run at the same time with the Experts gridded in front of the Intermediates.

Never again, it is all over.

Last year Suzuki began to introduce the MWT classes but contingency was restricted to only the very latest models,

You will not see Suzuki come to the plate with an all years SV contingency program like the SV Cup again; Cash and Time have passed us by with Suzuki,

The good news is you can go for it and have fun on you SV at Stratotech,

Blair

and sadly there goes an affordable spec class. I guess there is always the aprilia wild rose cup.

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi, Who told you the Aprilia was affordable, J/K,

They are fun bikes, I still have 8 sets of the custom Rear Sets that we did up for them last year. I hope more people get one and ride them this year,

Blair

friendlyfoe

:) Hi, Who told you the Aprilia was affordable, J/K,

They are fun bikes, I still have 8 sets of the custom Rear Sets that we did up for them last year. I hope more people get one and ride them this year,

Blair

custom? i'm planning on being in touch in the next few weeks for a handful of parts.