Nationals in Edm?

macbayne

it means that the first ever round of canadian nationals was in edmonton in 1980. it has nothing to do with now, so why bring it up?

diesel

Did you read the article Bayne?

here is the exert from it that I was eluding to

"The Mopar Canadian Superbike Championship intends to put the new Castrol Raceway road course in Edmonton on its schedule for 2015."

That is all.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I think it would be a cool show. Fingers crossed the sun and moon align and this happens.

macbayne

Did you read the article Bayne?

here is the exert from it that I was eluding to

"The Mopar Canadian Superbike Championship intends to put the new Castrol Raceway road course in Edmonton on its schedule for 2015."

That is all.

i should read stuff. i am highly doubtful castrol would be on the schedule. it is like 3000 km away from every other event.

Ryno

The nationals used to come to race city in calgary Bayne.. I could see it happening potentially

diesel

Ya, thats all why I brought it up. Did nationals in 2009 in Calgary, had a crappy weekend when I blew a rod bearing in qualifying. But my buddy lent me his Honda for the races. I was hoping to do it in 2010 but they didn't come back.
Due to distance and track conditions at Race City getting so crappy. Not sure how many years they did them in Calgary but I think it was quite a long time. It is a very cool event to do since it has more vibe etc then a club event. Keep the fingers crossed but just like our new race tracks getting built around Calgary, won't be excited till I'm packing up to go to them.

DMesher

If Castrol turns out to be the high quality (fast/safe) bike track that we hope it will be ... the Canadian Superbike Championship (and others) will come..."build it and they will come"