New Team Championship!

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
New for 2016 we are introducing a fun new championship to promote team work, bigger grids and more fun-spirited competition.

This will be a TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP where scoring will be based on total points accumulated for the year, for each of the team members.

The details:

-Must register your team with Brian Worsdall (myself) by Round 1 before anyone turns a lap even in practice or your team will NOT be eligible.

-$80 per team ($20 per racer) one time entry fee for the season. Payment must be handed in at or before round 1.

-Maximum 4 racers per team (you can register a team of 3, but that puts your trio at a disadvantage for a season worth of total points).

-No limitations on bikes, race entries, racer level, grids, tires, mods etc.

-Intermediate & Expert mixed teams are acceptable and welcomed.

-Points are awarded to the rider, not the bike. Riding two bikes in different classes would earn you additional points added to the total for that rider, to go towards the team total.

-The team with the highest combined point total will be awarded a nice, 100% customized trophy at the year end banquet. One trophy for each of the riders on the team, and they will be designed with your team name/logo/brand kept in mind.

-Each team member must have 4 team stickers on their bike. Team stickers can be either a logo, design, name, abbreviation, etc etc are all acceptable. We just want to see you representing a group. SEE EDIT

-We need to see a sticker on the front end of the bike (hugger, upper, or windscreen), a sticker on each side, and one somewhere on the rear end of the bike such as the tail, swing arm or rear hugger. SEE EDIT

-Stickers need to be a minimum 4"x1" or 4"x4" or something along those lines, they just need to be easily recognized.

EDIT: Although i encourage the logos and sporting matching team stickers, this is just a guide for those teams that do not run team colours or do not obviously visibly make up a team. Teams like FTR and ZBM are obviously a group and i'm not picky about their stickers.

Example:
Lets say Me, Jon Bullee, Komo and Knapik started Team Honda Power!!

Jon and I clean house racing 5 races a day and lets say at the end of the year we earned 380 (me) and 340 (Jon) points.
Komo sleeps in and skips a few races throughout the year and only enters 3 a day between the KTM and the R1 anyways and his year point total is 220
Knapik conserves tires to leverage diaper expenses and only enters 2 a day but wins a bunch and gets 300 points.
380+340+220+300=1240 points

Doesn't matter who raced what machines, our team point total is 1240.
If we had the highest total we will get an awesome Honda wing or something trophy with Honda Power engraved and our names or bikes or whatever we want engraved. It'll be sweet. The winning team will be asked for input in designing it, should they have something in mind.

That team will also get their entry fee waved for the following season should they want to enter again.

I believe i'll be spearheading this so feel free to reach out to me should you have any questions. Or ask it in this thread.

Happy racing!!!

Last edited:

gixxer60_0

I Would like to compete in this just need 3 others to make a team. I'm wondering if there is any other individuals who would like to team up? PM me

blam

Administrator
can we get one of these for the last place team?

il_570xN.650564153_tg3p.jpg

Last edited:

Trevor Patrick

EMRA Executive Member
Is this not just a motivation for the 5 fastest guys to avoid the 1 fastests championship and do say 3 or 4 intermediate "easier" races instead just to get points?

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Is this not just a motivation for the 5 fastest guys to avoid the 1 fastests championship and do say 3 or 4 intermediate "easier" races instead just to get points?

Not at all. The 5 fastest guys don't do as many races. Guys like Knapik, Zottman, Ian, Paras will probably only be doing 3 races a day (my guess). So a mid pack expert could do 5 and rack up the same or more points.
Or a team of intermediates who finish decently can amass the most points by consistent finishes and racing more races.

The point of this championship is in no way to award the fastest guys, it's to get more guys out racing to have bigger grids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fireman

Why would the club require a decal to compete in this championship?

If you have a list of names, what would stop the club from adding up points for those who are on that list?

Last edited by a moderator: