Next year

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I'm all for it too. Im just not getting any hopes up... Csbk almost went bankrupt not long ago...

Fireman

Regardless of what we think may or may not happen, we are shooting for a CSBK race here. Let's just hope for the best and keep working towards the potential opportunity.

Agreed Brian. Lots of work has gone on behind the scenes to get us to this point and all of the pieces seem to be falling together. There is only a few details needed to get this to be finalized for next season.

I really hope it happens.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
You know with all the nay-saying people did before and during last season, pretty much none of it became true. Biggest complaints were no race asphalt and safety. I'm not saying the track is perfectly safe or the surface is high grip. But the surface is just fine and we just had one of the most injury free seasons I can remember. The track got better and better all year. Now it seems the biggest complaint is where can you sit to get a good view of all the awesome EMRA racing. In the world of race tracks, that's a first world problem.

Fingers crossed walls move and curbing goes in for the start of next season. I'm already looking forward to next year and the chance Castrol will host a CSBK round.

sand.man

I wasn't a big nay-sayer but I definitely had my speculations coming into this year... I was really planning not to race (that didn't happen).

I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as terrible as everyone expected, I think that video of the cars going around with the track completely lined on both sides from end to end with barriers was the cause for most of the fear mongering.

I too can't wait for next year!

I'm hoping CSBK makes it to Castrol! After not getting out to Strato for the last couple of years I finally made it to the final rounds at EMRA's new home. I can honestly say I'm so glad I did. I Really liked the track even at my slow pace, and I was reminded why I loved the whole EMRA experience. Can't wait to see the improvements with the bus stop and curbing for next year and get back to the track next year!

yak

I'm hoping CSBK makes it to Castrol! After not getting out to Strato for the last couple of years I finally made it to the final rounds at EMRA's new home. I can honestly say I'm so glad I did. I Really liked the track even at my slow pace, and I was reminded why I loved the whole EMRA experience. Can't wait to see the improvements with the bus stop and curbing for next year and get back to the track next year!

Kent is was great to have you back.

+1 for curbing

macbayne

Bayne doesn't know about the changes they're making to the track this fall (winter?)

I don't think it's a for sure thing that the national round would happen on an EMRA weekend or be a totally separate event.

my point was that a rulebook is not the issue (with a bit of a pun about jersey barriers). there is one thing for planned improvements, there is another thing for practice.

edmonton is a far-removed tangent for a series based on an area that is 20 hours-drive across, and very small in paddock. with a single addition of a venue that is a further 26 hours drive is another matter. can the track be acceptable based on statements made by the track ownership, or does it have to be fully evaluated post-works before being scheduled? CSBK is under the safety microscope after the last couple guys to die.

i am not making snide remarks nor being negative, but there are a few things that make all the difference and they all involve money. will the sponsors be on board? will the fast guys that sell the tickets come out? will CSBK actually come out of the round without losing money? is there a place for spectators to sit, therefor, buy tickets?

i want the CSBK series here. i want to try to lay down the lap times to race it. race tracks in alberta absolutely befuddle me, though. with the amount of inbred rednecks here, motorsport should be making a killing, but instead we have only one track that is presently 1/4 mile long and the rest as an afterthought. we just have to sit tight until the potential is realized, is all. if you build it, they will come.

Fireman

my point was that a rulebook is not the issue (with a bit of a pun about jersey barriers). there is one thing for planned improvements, there is another thing for practice.

edmonton is a far-removed tangent for a series based on an area that is 20 hours-drive across, and very small in paddock. with a single addition of a venue that is a further 26 hours drive is another matter. can the track be acceptable based on statements made by the track ownership, or does it have to be fully evaluated post-works before being scheduled? CSBK is under the safety microscope after the last couple guys to die.

i am not making snide remarks nor being negative, but there are a few things that make all the difference and they all involve money. will the sponsors be on board? will the fast guys that sell the tickets come out? will CSBK actually come out of the round without losing money? is there a place for spectators to sit, therefor, buy tickets?

i want the CSBK series here. i want to try to lay down the lap times to race it. race tracks in alberta absolutely befuddle me, though. with the amount of inbred rednecks here, motorsport should be making a killing, but instead we have only one track that is presently 1/4 mile long and the rest as an afterthought. we just have to sit tight until the potential is realized, is all. if you build it, they will come.

What many people don't know is that Colin Fraser spent 2 days in June and 2 more in September at Castrol talking to the owners and watching how our event was being run.

Your comments bayne about the distance and safety are obviously things that the sponsors, and owner would have put some thought into. I know from talking to Colin that he is very much dedicated to bringing a event to Castrol and a deal is close at hand. Many of the improvements that we are working together as a club have been discussed on conjunction with csbk.

Castrol raceway has also recognized the importance of hosting the event. And much like the changes that have been made this year,I would expect many more for next year.

So to put it into perspective, the wheels are in motion. And I would be very surprised if csbk is not racing on this surface in June of 2015.

sand.man

Super awesome.

Justin can you clarify how the weekend will be structured?

The weekend will feature a full slate of doubleheader action for all of the national classes on the 2.7 kilometre (1.62-mile) road course, plus plans for support races from the thriving Edmonton Motorcycle Roadracing Association (EMRA).

Does this mean it's piggybacking an EMRA double header weekend?

I'm just curious what that would look like on the schedule, super excited!

DEFBOY35

Super awesome.

Justin can you clarify how the weekend will be structured?

Does this mean it's piggybacking an EMRA double header weekend?

I'm just curious what that would look like on the schedule, super excited!

+1

this is going to be great. wondering how it could possibly interfere or not, with the emra classes if one wanted to concentrate more on the csbk portion.

Fireman

It will be a stand alone weekend. However there is discussion of how we can involve more riders in the weekend and support class races is one of the ways we have talked about make ng this weekend possible.

We need to discuss it at the next exec before I can really tell you more.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I don't see how there would be enough time. Unless we raced all day AND all night. How awesome would that be haha jk.

Fireman

The schedule is set by CSBK and this is their weekend. The talk of support class races would be to have " exibition sprint races" I believe. This will be handled outside of the EMRA as far as scheduling.

We would just be there to help accommodate with racers and volunteers.

This is my understanding to this point.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
The schedule is set by CSBK and this is their weekend. The talk of support class races would be to have " exibition sprint races" I believe. This will be handled outside of the EMRA as far as scheduling.

We would just be there to help accommodate with racers and volunteers.

This is my understanding to this point.

Soooo, no night race? Cancel my order for sparky knee pucks? I feel like if you strung up some lights, something like this could totally work on the east course...

ChristmasVactionHouse.jpg

Last edited: