Proposed Rule changes...

Planepower

Is it viable to seperate the intermediates from the expert class in Formula Thunder?
Im thinking this would allow both groups to benefit in points and awards and perhaps open the class up to allow Intermediates a class of their own (still combined with the experts - no schedule changes required), without being outclassed by the experts.

Fireman

The numbers in that class are part of the reason there is contingency from manufacturers. Separating that class would diminish those numbers.

Just something to consider

fask

Something else to consider, an intermediate rider won the championship last year, with another finishing third.

jetfixer15

Something else to consider, an intermediate rider won the championship last year, with another finishing third.

What he said. Most of the experts are on SV650's as they race in Expert MWT as well or Motard bikes with the exception of the 2-strokes (Ian and one other guy on a 125 were the only experts on 2-strokes this year). Geoff killed all the expert SV racers on his SV650 this year (I should know, I was one of them). The playing field was pretty balanced this year as far as Intermediate & Experts in Open Thunder. Justin's point about contingency is valid too. It's the only class I raced last year that had tire contingency for me.