Race City get another 5 year lease renewed

eric92

I just read on both facebook and the cmra website that city councel voted in favor of renewing Race City's lease for another 5 years.

Fireman

I Just heard that yesterday. That means another 5 years of getting the bike into 6th gear and another 5 for the Western Canadian Championship!

Way to go Calgary.

Ducatidaddi

Guys and Gals,
We are all hopeful of 5 more years of racing in Calgary but it is not as cut and dried as saying to vote was passed and it will happen.

The city had a binding legal document ensuring the lease until 2025 that the city then canceled. The vote that passed was allow a new lease (not the existing one) to be negotiated for the next 5 years.

mayor pinhead in Calgary will make every attempt to ensure that the negotiations are very difficult and the terms not being in the racers favor.

For the next 5 years of racing to exist, there has to be a new lease.

Also, take into account that rhetoric about it costing $3MM to Calgary tax payers when the truth is that the drainage ponds they are referring to have to be made somewhere just now the mayor is saying if not on Race City the cost of doing it is extra instead of the truth that they have to be built and the money spent regardless.

Either way, until a lease is renegotiated or the courts uphold the existing lease, there is still nothing firm. We just now have the ability to negotiate.

Planepower

Keep us updated - im sure we are all niave as to the politics involved.
Heres hoping we can ride at race City next year.

Dean

Wow Joe, that's not very good news! Keep up updated and hopefully, we will all be racing there again!

Ducatidaddi

I know! We are working hard behind the scenes to find a solution.

The WCC was too much fun! We have to keep the Calgary portion alive.

sv-racing-parts

:) Good thing that we have you and your great team at CMRA working on it.

Keep up the great work Joe, I look forward to seeing you soon,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair