Race class solutions?

ronin26

I learned to race in a different province. it was a well established track and an annual stop for the CSBK Championships. I was taught to hold my line; that it was the responsibility of the faster rider to pass safely. I was in no position then nor am I now to make decisions about changing lines to accommodate faster riders. It's not safe. (A blue flag should be a reminder to hold your line and a warning to not be alarmed when someone blows by.)

If someone loses a race because they couldn't get around a slower rider-that's racing. It happened to me just last round. I probably could have pushed it and gotten by but sometimes it's not worth the personal risk or, more importantly, the risk to a another rider.

Let's keep things in perspective-99 percent of us will never be more than club racers. The more talented riders always find a way around.

I haven't raced in a bit and not at all at castrol as you guys know. I haven't seen how it's going there but this post is gold. My thoughts on a blue flag and passing are the same.

I remember passing the same rider twice in one race on the supermoto. He was obviously much slower but all passes were safe and he held his line like a champ. I would not feel comfortable moving or slowing down when the blue flag was out.

Hoping to get out at least once this year.