Round 5/6 FINAL weekend of racing, volunteers needed

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Next weekend will be the last and biggest race weekend of the 2014 EMRA season. It is going to be a super busy weekend of racing at Castrol raceway.

Everything will start Friday evening with qualifying for Round 5 and 6 during the Castrol Raceway Motorcycle Track Attack. Street groups will still be open during the track attack, so riders of all skill levels and interest can come ride. Racer group(s) may or may not be expanded to suit the need. Friday night will also have street legal drag racing taking place on the drag strip. So expect a packed pit area and perhaps a line up at the gates to get in with all the other types of racers at the track.

Saturday morning a short qualifying session will start the day, as usual. Racing will start at 10:30am. Be sure to check out the changes made to the race schedule.

http://emra.ca/Downloadable Forms/Weekend Sched 14.pdf

During the day Saturday and Sunday there will be the final rounds of CMDRA all bike drags taking place at the quarter mile. Be prepared to share pit space and return roads. Maybe bring an extra set of ear plugs as 600 horsepower nitro Harleys running at 200mph will be making passes down the quarter mile. After the racing Saturday stick around for a free bbq. Master Chef Brian will be there cooking hot dogs for everyone. If you haven't had enough racing for the day there will also be late model and superstock racing going on at the dirt oval.

Sunday we will kick off the final round of racing for the EMRA season. Time allowing there will be podium speeches and checkered flag laps for premier class champions. Even bigger and better podium and PA system should be ready to go and commentator Stu McColl will be at the track all weekend adding his commentary to the racing.

Come cheer on and support the local racing. One of the best ways to do this is to come volunteer. We are still looking for volunteers. If you are someone you know can come help out let me know, comment here or send me a PM. Corner workers, people for scoring and gridding are needed. See you at the track!

Debbie

Sorry, I have become quite ill and will not be able to make it. Ended up in hospital in BC for 4 days.