Setup/Teardown volunteering

M87

First of thanks to all the volunteers who showed up for setup Thursday before last round only to have it rescheduled for Friday.
Jay Delancey
Sean Hofmeister
Brian Lam
Justin Knapik
Glen Gregoire
and about three other guys.
I can't remember if it Dave Trofimuk who was there on Thursday and Tim on Friday or the other way around. I guess it doesn't matter but double thanks to those who showed up Friday and saved us some real problems.
I know I'm forgetting a quite a few names but the only face that springs to mind is Ryan McGowan and he blocks the best of you out, but thanks anyway.
I got called in to work Sunday afternoon so I couldn't stay for tear down but thanks to Eric Russnak who said he would be there and all the rest.

M87

On to this week.
Thanks Cody, I've got you on the list.
So far Cody is all alone this week other than the usual exec members who always show up.
And I'm sure that there will be others like Evert Hagar who seems to be there at least half the time and never gets any credit.
But...
And this is a pretty big but.
But only you, dear member, know if you have been doing your part. I can't keep track of who showed up, some are people only stay for a while, some pitch in for tear down when they can. There are a LOT of people who should get credit but haven't, my bad there. But, there's that word again, a lot of people have done something at some time so that everyone can race.
If you are one of them thank you.

Last edited:

AleksV

Setup this Thursday at 7PM. We need some helping hands, like always. meet at the back of the drag strip, where trailers are , or corner 1, as its the first one we setup. Drifters are on the parking lot until dark, not sure when you would be able to pick a spot for a trailer, but I would suggest Friday morning.
See you out there.

Mantis

We plan to leave Calgary at 4pm Thursday, so traffic willing, I will be there for setup, most likely teardown as well.

Our race team can help with tear down at the last round.

The 4 of us will be there:

Ryan Brady
James Kendrick
Cal Ozimko
David Beeler

M87

I've been a little out of touch this week so this is really late getting out there.
Thanks to:
Ryan Brady
James Kendrick
Cal Ozimko
David Beeler
They are added to tear down...again.
And Jon Fraser is added to setup
A lot of empty spots and not much time. That is partly my fault for not getting on this much, much, earlier but every name on that list is someone who has already done their part at least once.
IF YOU HAVEN'T HELPED OUT YET THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE
Thanks again to those who have

Last edited:

Nevets

EMRA Executive Member
yes, we will.

I believe Alan will be making a thread about it. it will be done the evening of Friday 12th before race school

there may or may not be pizza involved for volunteers....

I'm around that night to help setup for race school. Doubly so if there's pizza involved.

toybm

Teardown.
Is there meeting point or time for teardown after the races? I was trying to help yesterday (25th June) but after being pointed to a pit stall that was empty I didn't know where else to go at the time.
Would appreciate some guidance and sorry if that info is somewhere in this thread...it's a lot of reading.

Snak

EMRA Executive Member
For tear down we usually meet in corner 1. Just keep an eye out and you will spot a truck towing the trailer that we use for the podium. If there is any air fence left on the track we will be back at some point to grab it, you can always jump in then.

DEFBOY35

On most weekends when we have the autocross guys up right after us, we try to get out as fast as we can get out of our gear and get the podium down.