Setup/Teardown volunteering

the_fornicator

Great to hear that we had such a good turnout. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve the trailer problem?

Only thing I can think of is getting another trailer sponsor or somehow finding a frame and building it up with elbow grease like Todd and a few other execs did with the current one that we have.

Looking at kijiji, similar ones that will fit the bill are about $6000-$7000. That's a large chunk of change to be forking out for something that isn't quite a necessity, IMO.

blam

Administrator
Hey Wilson. I'll talk to the guys at work for a trailer sponsor.

We most do 5th wheel style but I imagine we have some regular hitch ones too. I'll get them To get a hold of Brian if we do

M87

I know I am missing some names so accept my apologies if you don't see your name on here but thanks to the following volunteers who helped with the setup/teardown
Steve Robertson
Scott Paras
Ryan McGowan
Rob Schouten
Paul Frame
Mitch Siepka
Justin Knapik
Jay DeLancey
Glen Gregoire
Donald whose last name I can't find
David Phillips
Dana Draper
Chris Meyer
Brian Oxtoby
Brain Lam
Adam Taylor
Shane was there and sent me a PM and I can’t remember his last name
Eric Russnak

You might also notice that I am not that great at names, sorry. If I spelled something wrong or left you off even after I talked to you for half an hour let me know and you will be added.
Anyway thanks to all who showed up, if you were there you probably noticed we actually had too many people for the equipment available.
Next round things should be better.

Snak

EMRA Executive Member
Hey Mike, you can put me down for round 2 tear down on the 19th.

Eric Russnak

M87

Thanks to the three people who have volunteered so far for the second round setup and Eric for tear down.
So far that's it but I am confident as it gets closer things will pick up.
I may or may not be around for this round but I will keep the list up to date starting...now!

ehtaylor

Round 2 setup

Thanks to the three people who have volunteered so far for the second round setup and Eric for tear down.
So far that's it but I am confident as it gets closer things will pick up.
I may or may not be around for this round but I will keep the list up to date starting...now!
Adrian Taylor , Adam Taylor , Stephanie Siebert will be there for Thursday setup. Adam will help with teardown Sunday

M87

Down to just one opening on set up but still 6 openings for tear down.
Thanks to all who volunteered so far.

blam

Administrator
I can help with tear down mike. could possibly be there for set up as well if needed but would have to take off no later than 8.

also still seeing if i can get us another trailer.

M87

Both Brain and Everett are in.
That means we have enough for setup and only need to start working on tear down. That doesn't mean you can't just drop by for setup it just means we have met the minimum.
Brain that trailer sure would help, I don't want to mention the name on here since they haven't committed yet but the fact that they are thinking about helping is really to their and your, credit.
Did that make sense?

the_fornicator

AIR FENCE ROLL CALL! The EMRA is setting up the air fence this Thursday @ 7PM in preparation for Friday's Track Attack and this weekend's race round. If you can spare a hand, the community would seriously appreciate any help you can give.

Where do we meet up? At the air fence trailer all the way down the return road (there are two 30'ish foot long trailers).
When? 7PM
What do I do at these things: We pull air fence out of trailers and set them up around the track. So, it'll be dusty and dirty. Don't wear nice clothes or shoes as it may be muddy.

Note: There will be drifters in the parking lot. Just go up to where they are taking off and inform the person releasing the cars out that you need to get to the road course. They'll stop the cars for a quick moment to let you proceed.

See you guys out there!!

blam

Administrator
What do I do at these things: We pull air fence out of trailers and set them up around the track. So, it'll be dusty and dirty. Don't wear nice clothes or shoes as it may be muddy.

but....i do my best air fence work in a nice pressed shirt and wing tips...