stupid question i know ...honda grom ......

blam

Administrator
You can run in quite a few, however, I would only recommend Lightweight open and superbike on a bike that small.

5.6 Lightweight Superbike (Combined class Intermediate-Expert)

• 420cc or less multi cylinder, 680cc or less twin and single cylinder engines.
  • Any motorcycle type.
  • Tires – DOT or slicks
  • Unlimited modifications
  • Any motorcycle type
  • Tires – DOT or slicks
5.7 Formula 112 (Combined class Intermediate-Expert)
  • Any motorcycle type
  • Tires – DOT or slicks
  • No external timing devices (Lap timers, Pit boards)
  • Open to all Intermediate or Expert riders
  • Any rider recording a lap time shorter than 112% of the cut off time, as recorded by the EMRA timing system will be disqualified at the end of the race. If you are disqualified, you will not be able to re-enter the class for the rest of the season.
  • The cut off time is 1:28.2, based on the current lap record of 1:18.7. The cut off time is set at the start of the year and will not change until the race season is over, at which time it will be reviewed for the following year.
5.11 Middleweight Twins
  • Open to Intermediate and Expert racers running 4 stroke 2 cylinder motorcycles up to 750cc and single cylinder motorcycles of any displacement.
  • Tires – DOT or slicks
5.15 Lightweight Open (Combined class, Novice, Intermediate, Expert)
  • Open to all racers with a Novice, Intermediate or Expert race license.
  • All motorcycles must be production based street legal motorcycles that meet the equipment standards in Chapter 5.2 and 5.3
  • Engine displacement must not exceed: Single cylinders up to 390cc, Twin cylinders up to 325cc
  • Tires – DOT or slicks

yak

I recommend checking out the AMRA. That bike would be fun on a go cart track like Strathmore. Either that our find a parking lot, get some traffic cones and invite a few friends. :)