SV Racing Parts Cup announcement

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, Exciting news for racers,

The SV Racing Parts Cup, will be run in the Middle Weight Twins Class Race and is coming to Stratotech for the 2013 EMRA Season,

Sign Up Forms to Register will be available following the AGM later this fall and prior to the bike show. Sign up will be available until just before Round One for final registration,

All Middle Weight Twin Bikes with CC's up to 749cc 4 Strokes as per the class rules will be eligible to compete in the Cup, 2 strokes are not eligible,

The SV Racing Parts Cup is Open to all Middle Weight Twin Riders, Exert, Intermediate, and Novice if eligible to compete in the Middle Weight Twin Class Race.

On Each Race Round:
First Place will receive $200

Second Place will receive $150

Third Place will receive $100

Fourth Place will receive $75

Fifth Place will receive $50

Points will be scored based on EMRA official race results and a bonus point system per round. Scoring will be calculated and recorded by SV Racing Parts accounting staff.

First Place Scores 25 points, Second Scores 20 Points, Third Scores 15 points, Fourth 14 points and so on down to the final position,

Bonus Points can be earned by:

Setting a Personal Best Race Lap Time: 10 Points, eligible every race round

Being on the starting grid for every race round: 10 Points,

Finishing every race round: 10 Points,

Starting any individual round 2 points

Finishing any individual round 4 Points

Match your Last Race Round Best Lap: 5 Points,

Payout for Points Race Winner at Year End:

$1000 For First Place and The SV Racing Parts Cup Trophy for 2013

$750 For Second Place and a SV Racing Parts Cup Awards Plaque

$500 For Third Place and a SV Racing Parts Cup Awards Plaque

$350 For Fourth Place and a SV Racing Parts Cup Awards Plaque

$250 For Fifth Place and a SV Racing Parts Cup Awards Plaque

Payouts are in SV Racing Parts Bucks that you can use through SV Racing Parts for parts or supplies for any bike you like from any of our wide range of products or suppliers,

Get your SV650, Kawasaki 650R, Ducati 748 or 749 or whatever qualifying Middle Weight Twin you like set up and ready to go. This will be a great season of Middle Weight Twin Competition,

Only two mandatory safety requirements, All bikes must run and meet SV Racing Parts Cup Aftermarket Clutch Cover requirements and the minimum EMRA Engine Cover requirements for the Clutch Side Engine Cover including Woodcraft Clutch Covers for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 SV650. Shark Fin mounted on the Swing Arm of All Bikes Competing is also mandatory.

Otherwise, set your bike up the way you like it and have fun Earning SV Racing Parts Bucks at Stratotech in 2013,

Email me with any questions at [email protected]

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Last edited:

nitto182

People getting 'money' for doing well at races?!? All the old guys talk about how this used to happen, i thought they were just senile!;) Love it!

Tattoo

Would be great to see more sv's racing again. Or any intermediate middle weights. Kinda lonely being the only one lol.

sv-racing-parts

:) Let's get those SV650, Kawasaki 650R, and other middleweight twins out of mothballs and ready to race. Lots of time now to get your bikes ready to go, Anyone needing either the Shark Guards or Aftermarket clutch covers and email me anytime. For Gen 2 SV650 I have a kit to make it too easy for you,

It is the inner clutch cover necessary to bolt the Woodcraft clutch cover on with skid plate and all the correct gaskets and large O-ring required for the cover and clutch cover skid plate. Makes the conversion bolt on simple,

See you all on the track,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

:) Thanks Aaron, that was part of the idea behind what I am doing with the SV Racing Parts Cup,

I hope to see you and some of the other great riders back out for some rounds with us,

Blair

ronin26

This is gonna be great! I'm working on some changes to my SV to make it a bit more of a middleweight twins bike than a light weight!

Looking forward to this, thanks Blair!

Aaron bring that yellow beast out of retirement!

racer51

Looking for SV

Hi, Everyone.

I'm in the market for an SV. Please post any leads. Ideally bike weighs approximately 200 lbs and is pumping out around 125 hp and maybe 80+ft/lbs torque. :)

Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

:)
Hi, Everyone.

I'm in the market for an SV. Please post any leads. Ideally bike weighs approximately 200 lbs and is pumping out around 125 hp and maybe 80+ft/lbs torque. :)

:) Hi Rick, it will be so super to see you back at Stratotech. The SV will be a super bike for you,

See you soon,

Blair

YZF1000jon

well Rick, maybe we could shoe horn an SV 1000 engine into it and dremel off the 1000cc marks and Sharpie 650 over them... :D

sv-racing-parts

Hi Everyone, here is the Race Schedule in Edmonton at the Stratotech Track for 2013 as currently posted up on the Stratotech Website, There may be some minor tweaking once we get the AGM looked after on December 5th, 2012. I will be there and depending on the location may have beer for the attendees,

May 24, SV Racing Parts, Pre-Race Weekend Track Night, 5 - 9PM; May 25, EMRA Practice Day; May 26, EMRA Race Day Round 1;

June 21, SV Racing Parts, Pre-Race Weekend Track Night, 5 - 9PM; June 22, EMRA Practice Day; June 23, EMRA Race Day Round 2;

July 11, SV Racing Parts Thursday Night Track Night, 5 - 9PM; July 12 , EMRA WCC Qualifying Day 9 - 5PM, Then SV Racing Parts, Pre-Race Weekend Track Night, 5 - 9PM;
July 13, WCC Race Weekend Round 3 and EMRA Race Day Round 3 July 14, WCC Race Weekend Round 4 and EMRA Race Day Round 4

August 16 SV Racing Parts, Pre-Race Weekend Track Day 9AM - 5PM Then SV Racing Parts,Pre Race Weekend Track Night, 5 - 9PM; August 17 EMRA Race Weekend Round 5, August 18 EMRA Race Weekend Round 6

September 12, SV Racing Parts, Thursday Night Track Night, 4 - 8PM; September 13, EMRA Qualifying Practice Day 9 - 5PM Then SV Racing Parts, Pre-Race Weekend Track Night, 4 - 8PM;
September 14 EMRA Race Day Round 7; September 15, EMRA Annual Endurance Race Day;

Lots of Race Rounds and lots of track time for you with the SV Racing Parts, Evening Track Night Events,

Spread the good word and come to Stratotech for the SV Racing Parts Cup. Superb Middle Weight Twin Racing,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, the Daily Payouts for each Race Round are on their way Up,

I am working with a number of Parts Suppliers to provide a Daily Contingency Payout for Each Race Round In Addition to the SV Racing Parts Cup Payouts already in place,

Stay Tuned and get your SV or any other Middle Weight Twin Set Up, Tuned UP and Ready to Ride, I am looking forward to a great 2013 SV Racing Parts Cup Series,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

A friend of mine is looking for an SV650, if anyone knows of one for sale let me know please.

Hi Ryan, Definitely watch Kijiji and Craigs List, Check for wreckers on reasonable rebuild bikes, and I think that Neil Carlson may have a contact for insurance write offs on the SV650,

Once your friend has a bike point him this way for what he will need to qualify to run in the SV Racing Parts Cup and to get his bike track ready,

You should be on one yourself Ryan, I think you could make it fly at Stratotech,

Let me know whenever I can be of help,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

Clutch Cable on the SV650

:) Here is a heads up for anyone getting their SV650 set up and wanting to run Woodcraft or other Clip On Bars on your bikes.

With Clip On Bars the change in the position of your clutch perch and the hard end on the OEM clutch cables often bind up and it can feel like your clutch is not quite right or slipping. Often it seems to come and go and it is quite common for riders to be continually releasing and adjusting their clutches trying to figure out what is wrong,

Here is what is happening if and when you experience it:

The OEM clutch cable has a hard end on it with a preset bend. When used with the clip on bars it cannot make the turn easily to work with getting past the steering head.

The result is that as you ride, the end of the cable sheathing wants to pop in and out of the end of your clutch perch making it feel like you bikes clutch is slipping or if it sticks on the outside lip of the perch then your clutch feels like it is too tight and makes you think you need to adjust it.

Regardless of the symptoms you experience, here is the simple and permanent solution,

IMG_5847.jpg

I have the custom extended length clutch cables for the SV650 here in stock. They are made up with a "Soft" end at the Clutch Perch so that you can bend and route without the clutch cable sheathing binding and getting hung up on the perch creating havoc with clutch operation. It is the correct length go down and around the front cylinder so that it routes though the V of the engine and connects properly at the clutch activator mechanism.

This is the mod and fix of choice for running clip on bars so that you do not have your clutch cable binding or getting hung up on the clutch perch,

Sweet and simple. Your clutch will work correctly at all times and you can focus on crossing the finish line and collecting your SV Racing Parts Cup prize money,

Email me Directly for the Custom Clutch Line Kits at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Blair