SV Racing Parts Cup announcement

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, the SV Racing Parts Cup registration forms are ready for download as of right now, You can locate them Under Contingency.

This is it everyone, we are on the way to the season opener now,

See you all soon,

best regards,
Blair

Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

2013 SV Racing Parts Cup Series Registration Form

:) Hi Everyone, Here is the 2013 SV Racing Parts Cup Series Registration Form for you to download, print, and return to SV Racing Parts,

This of course marks the Official Beginning of the what promises to be the best and most Exciting Year of Middle Weight Twin Racing ever at Stratotech and very likely in Canada. All Thanks to you for prepping your bike and participating with me in bringing this series to EMRA at Stratotech.

My hope and goal is that this year is just the beginning of a great Full Season Race Series that is ongoing and that SV Racing Parts can expand to other tracks and clubs,

Register and Sign Up now, Download the version of the registration form in the version of MS Word your system works best with, .docx for office 2007 and newer uses and use the .doc for earlier versions of MS Word,

See you all soon; This is going to be an exciting season.

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Attachments

• 2013 SV Racing Parts Cup Series Registration.docx
    26.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2013 SV Racing Parts Cup Series Registration.doc
    26.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, just checking in to see how all or your builds are coming. I just had a telephone conversation last night with a rider who just picked up a Ninja 650R to bring to the party. This is looking good for Middleweight Twins Competition at Stratotech for 2013.

Here is a photo taken last night at 7Pm PST in my Pit Prep Area on the tear down prior to the refinishing and build I have in mind for one of the potentially Two SV Racing Parts SV650 Bikes I am planning on fielding this year,

IMG_6015_zps304b778a.jpg

IMG_6013_zps860556c2.jpg

I will tell you that the Pit Bull Jack Stands made the tear down to zero so easy,

Some of you have already sent in your registrations and I thank you for it. The rest of you need to help me out by getting it done as soon as you can commit.

Of course my good buddy Frank, last years Intermediate Middleweight Champion was the very first to respond, I think I might have to give Frank a bonus point for being first, :)

It won't be long now,

Blair

Here is my work in progress. Long way to go but its coming.

06 - 650r, ZX6R front end conversion and goodies.

Attachments

• IMG-20130218-00073.jpg
    IMG-20130218-00073.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20130221-00076.jpg
    IMG-20130221-00076.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20130218-00071.jpg
    IMG-20130218-00071.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20130223-00078.jpg
    IMG-20130223-00078.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 20

sv-racing-parts

This looks like its going to be a great event! Well done Blair and EMRA exec:)

:) Thanks for the kudos Heiko, I appreciate it,

Other than allowing the series to run inside of the Middleweight Twins Class and providing me with copies of the Lap times and finishing results for the this has been entirely an SV Racing Parts initiative.

Having said that, I am grateful for all EMRA support in providing the key information to do the points and scoring for the series,

See you all on the grid,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

Dunlop Tire Cooperative Order for SV Racing Parts Cup Series Participants

:) Hi Everyone, here is a very much Non-Vendor Post from a fellow Rider and Racer with a suggestion on how we as racers in the SV Racing Parts Cup Series wanting to use Dunlop Tires can work together to make it all sweet and easy to get the tires we want,

This post is basically up on Open Forum as well but I wanted to be sure that all subscribed to this SV Racing Parts Cup Series Thread have the opportunity to be aware of the cooperative order for Dunlop Race Tires.

I have been on the phone with Joe at Pro6 and we can get the tires out here at 40 tires per pallet, Shipping on a Pallet is about $350 so the cost per tire is not a deterrent .

I want to attached the 2013 Dunlop Price List and Compounds Chart for us all to see but the forum size limit on the pdf file is too small so for the time being Email me for it and I will send it intact to you.

On the cooperative order we would all get the 5% discount offered on whatever tires we order and pay the proportionate share of shipping,

It will be arranged for the pallets to go to one spot in say Edmonton and Calgary and everyone gets notified of the date to show up and pick up their tires and done. I am sure we all have enough contacts and friends to be able to make sure the pallet of tires are collected and looked after on the day of arrival,

I have no problem coordinating this strictly cooperative order as I need some of the Dunlop Tires myself for the SV Racing Parts Cup Series so am happy to organize it on a strictly labor of love service basis only,

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Email me Directly at [email protected] No PM Please.

The Tires will be in and ready to ship on April 2, immediately following Easter weekend so we all need to be thinking of what we want for bikes either for the year or initially,

For those wanting to use Dunlop Race Tires this year it could be the easy answer,

Enjoy the ride and best regards,
Blair

Fireman

How will the points be awarded for this contingency Blair? Do you have a points chart or payout list?

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Justin, the current points program and payout are in the earlier posts; If you referring to the Dunlop Tires points, that falls under the bonus points for official suppliers products.
Run 3 of the 6 official suppliers products get 3 points per round, 4 - 4 points, 5 - 5 points, 6- 6 points,

Are you picking up a middle weight twin to ride it the SV Racing Parts Cup Series?

Blair

Fireman

:) Hi Justin, the current points program and payout are in the earlier posts; If you referring to the Dunlop Tires points, that falls under the bonus points for official suppliers products.
Run 3 of the 6 official suppliers products get 3 points per round, 4 - 4 points, 5 - 5 points, 6- 6 points,

Are you picking up a middle weight twin to ride it the SV Racing Parts Cup Series?

Blair

I doubt it Blair. I think I am going to concentrate on Defending the plate this year.

I was just interested in seeing the way that you are awarding points for the contingency payouts.

What are the 6 official suppliers? Do riders have to purchase those parts through SV racing parts? Can the parts be on existing bikes that were purchased to compete for the contingency?

I am sure to be asked some questions in regards to this, I would just like to make sure I know some answers vs using my usual slack jaw "I don't know" looks :confused::p

sv-racing-parts

:) Year End Payouts are $1000 1st, then $750, $500, $350 and $250 to 5th,

Per Round Payouts are currently $200, $150, $100, $75, and $50.

Official Suppliers are Woodcraft, Elka, M4 Performance Exhausts, Pit Bull, Galfer, Dunlop,

Shark Fin and Engine Covers are mandatory and need to be Woodcraft for all bikes where available or in the case of Kawasaki Nina 650R need to be GB Engine Covers from SV Racing Parts, and for Ducati I have all the Engine Covers and Parts that you could want,

If a race bike is purchased with the Engine Covers or other parts on it already the racers can still qualify for Official Supplier Bonus Points if other approved parts from the suppliers are purchased in lieu through SV Racing Parts.

Main Bonus Points categories are based on 3 Criteria, Personal Best Performances, Consistency, Continuous Improvement,

This is going to be an exciting series to watch unfold as the Season Progresses,

Spread the good word and encourage participation,

Everyone is invited to Email me Directly at [email protected] No PM Please with any questions or requests,

If you own or ride an SV650, Ninja 650 or any Middle Weight Twin up to 750cc you want to be racing in the SV Racing Parts Cup Series in 2013.

Blair

Last edited:

Arctic Donkey

Blair, thanks very much for putting this program together and getting the required parts out so quickly (even to me in the frozen north).

I did the clutch side cover swap a couple of years ago on my Gen2 because it makes it so much easier to do clutch maintenance. No longer have to drain the coolant to access the clutch. Just a heads up, the oil sight window is higher on the Gen1 cover. Measure for yourself but I think you will find that a Gen2 will be plenty "full" when the oil is at the L mark of the Gen1 window.

Here is a nice tutorial for installing the shark guard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU7JPaGNx_U

sv-racing-parts

Blair, thanks very much for putting this program together and getting the required parts out so quickly (even to me in the frozen north).

I did the clutch side cover swap a couple of years ago on my Gen 2 because it makes it so much easier to do clutch maintenance. No longer have to drain the coolant to access the clutch. Just a heads up, the oil sight window is higher on the Gen 1 cover. Measure for yourself but I think you will find that a Gen 2 will be plenty "full" when the oil is at the L mark of the Gen 1 window.

Here is a nice tutorial for installing the shark guard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU7JPaGNx_U

:) Thank you, you are the greatest for helping out and supplying this great heads up information on the Sight Glass Window, Gen 2 with mod for the Engine Cover Note, L =Full with Mod. And Thanks for the super Tutorial on the Shark Fin,

I really appreciate it and you,

Best regards,
Blair

sv-racing-parts

More Bikes Coming to the SV Racing Parts Cup Series

:) Excellent News everyone, I have been able to assist two more great riders in acquiring SV650 bikes to race in the SV Racing Parts Cup Series at Stratotech,

One of the bikes will call Edmonton home from now on and the other is going to a Calgary rider. Both of these riders will bring experience and depth to the continuously growing field of Ninja 650, SV650 and other Middle Weight Twins coming in from across Western Canada.

Our Grid is looking fuller all the time. Still a few more weeks to get your bikes ready before the Season Opener Starting Lights Come On,

I have heard that we may well get some riders up from Washington State for the rounds that do not conflict with their home track schedules,

Anyone still waiting to order in the Engine Covers and Shark Fins from SV Racing Parts needs to contact me as soon as possible to ensure that that meet the Mandatory Equipment Rules and are ready race come Round 1.

SV Racing Parts will be Hosting and Providing the Friday Night, Pre-Race Weekend Track Nights again this year, Same $85 all in as last year despite the increased cost of renting the track.

Please support these nights as they are a great opportunity to get your bike and yourself dialed in and ready to ride the Race Weekend,

See you all soon,

Blair

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, here are the first of the Scheduled Pre-Race Weekend Track Nights for 2013, You can click on the link and sign into the group you would like to ride in at any time,

http://ftraceservices.com/

Fast Track Race Services is just the company we put together to act as the operator for the Pre-Race Weekend Track Nights.

As always there are a limited number of spots available so best not to procrastinate.

Email me Directly at [email protected] with Any Questions, No PM Please.

See you all at the track soon,

Best Regards,
Blair

Last edited:

Dean

I did the clutch side cover swap a couple of years ago on my Gen2 because it makes it so much easier to do clutch maintenance. No longer have to drain the coolant to access the clutch. Just a heads up, the oil sight window is higher on the Gen1 cover. Measure for yourself but I think you will find that a Gen2 will be plenty "full" when the oil is at the L mark of the Gen1 window.

I had a helluva first race weekend with it on mine. My mechanic overfilled the oil on the bike because of this. The oil pressure was so great under load, that no only did it puke up oil into my airbox (luckily I had a sponge baffle in there to stop from shooting), but the pressure actually caused the crank case breather tube to blow off and just shoot oil everywhere :confused:

I kept wondering why a few turns were so damn slippery and thought that my tires should have generated some heat by now. It's a wonder how the hell I kept it upright. I drained about 1L of extra oil. From now on, I will measure the oil and just skip the sight glass. 2.8L with filter change. I change it after every weekend, so it's not like I'll burn oil enough to add after 3 days.

Arctic Donkey

Glad to hear that it didn't get any worse than it did. Up to you of course but I generally just fill mine to the point where I can just see the oil in the sight window. Once the engine is hot the level will rise slightly.

How many EMRA rounds are you coming out to?

Dean

I can't make round 1, but I'd like to be out for round 2, 3, 4, and possibly 5. Depending on September weather, I might be out for that one too.