Tech Air race. vs Tech Air 10

Bergy

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I know so far:

Tech-Air 5
Pros- Cheapest, "apparently" same coverage as Tech-Air Race, can be used with other garments, don't need a tech air specific suit (yolo mode with vest only lol), street and race algorithm.
Cons - Harder to put on with a once piece suit, single deployment and then the vest has to be sent back for service.

Tech-Air Race
Pros- Two deployments (uses only one canister per deployment).
Cons- Need a tech-air compatible suit for the vest to attach to, more expensive than the Tech-Air 5.

Tech-Air 10
Pros- As close as you'll get to MotoGP airbag coverage (covers the hips now too), can be used with non tech-air garments.
Cons- Single deployment and then the vest has to be sent back for service, it's like an undersuit instead of a vest and may be hot, it costs the most.

IMO, unless you're planning to yeet yourself a lot while racing and need at least two deployments then the Tech-Air 10 is the best followed by the Tech-Air 5, followed by Tech-Air Race.

If you do need the multiple deployments then you'd want the Tech-Air Race or a couple of other Tech-Air 5's/10's.

gixxer60_0

FYI I have a Tech Air Race xxl size it has only one deployment cause of it size. All other sizes have 2 deployments. My way around this is that I have two vests. FYI it cost me almost $300 to get it recharged time you pay shipping and exchange rates. Not cheap.

gixxer60_0

FYI I have a Tech Air Race xxl size it has only one deployment cause of it size. All other sizes have 2 deployments. My way around this is that I have two vests. FYI it cost me almost $300 to get it recharged time you pay shipping and exchange rates. Not cheap.
It has saved me from a broken clavicle when I did use it. Worth every penny

Rodrigo

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I know so far:

Tech-Air 5
Pros- Cheapest, "apparently" same coverage as Tech-Air Race, can be used with other garments, don't need a tech air specific suit (yolo mode with vest only lol), street and race algorithm.
Cons - Harder to put on with a once piece suit, single deployment and then the vest has to be sent back for service.

Tech-Air Race
Pros- Two deployments (uses only one canister per deployment).
Cons- Need a tech-air compatible suit for the vest to attach to, more expensive than the Tech-Air 5.

Tech-Air 10
Pros- As close as you'll get to MotoGP airbag coverage (covers the hips now too), can be used with non tech-air garments.
Cons- Single deployment and then the vest has to be sent back for service, it's like an undersuit instead of a vest and may be hot, it costs the most.

IMO, unless you're planning to yeet yourself a lot while racing and need at least two deployments then the Tech-Air 10 is the best followed by the Tech-Air 5, followed by Tech-Air Race.

If you do need the multiple deployments then you'd want the Tech-Air Race or a couple of other Tech-Air 5's/10's.
TechAir 5 is NOT FIM homologated and not technically allowed for racing. Only TechAir Race and TechAir 10 are FIM homologated and approved products from Alpinestars.

TechAir5 is only CE Level 1 front and back

TechAir Race & TechAir10 are CE level 2 (required for FIM homologation)

1651005444035.png

DSmith

I don't know, this has all of their MotoGP suits listed with the Tech Air 5 as a certified air bag.
RAV-1 is definitely a model of Tech Air Race, not sure about RAV-3.

According to this one most of the testing is inflated and only requires back/spine level 1 energy levels for those and body level 1 for hard parts.
I actually don't see anything in the series regulations that requires a level 2 back protector even for substitute riders that can do one event without an airbag, and it specifically says chest can be level 1 or 2.

Rodrigo

I don't know, this has all of their MotoGP suits listed with the Tech Air 5 as a certified air bag.
RAV-1 is definitely a model of Tech Air Race, not sure about RAV-3.

According to this one most of the testing is inflated and only requires back/spine level 1 energy levels for those and body level 1 for hard parts.
I actually don't see anything in the series regulations that requires a level 2 back protector even for substitute riders that can do one event without an airbag, and it specifically says chest can be level 1 or 2.
Damn! Good find. I tried to find the revised regs today but ran out of time. Yes it appears the tech 5 is now homologated when the race algorithm is used. It wasn't previously because it only had a street mode.

I believe under suits...those are the different versions of TechAir...and not specific suits?

Thanks for posting that and I stand corrected.

But...for my protection.. I will stick with my TechAir until I can buy a TechAir 10

DSmith

The paperwork seems to have been created on the premise of integrated airbag suits rather than modular systems so you submit every combination individually. A* has 2 new suit types and 3 current airbag types so they have six entries for them plus one legacy. Klim has an airbag listed on its own though.

Nevets

EMRA Executive Member
I know the A-Starts vests and the Dainese vests have to be sent back to the manufacturer in California to be recharged.

Some of the vests that go outside the suit take a standard CO2 cartridge, and can be replaced manually. But I believe these are the tether type systems.