The 2022 Sean Henderson Most Outstanding Racer award… please nominate!

SetUpSixRR

EMRA Executive Member
Hello fam,

I’m putting out the word now for nominations for the 2022 Sean Henderson Most Outstanding Racer award as voted by their peers. This is an award you the membership can speak up and nominate those riders you think emulated our beloved pal Sean’s memory. He was always happy in the pits, always offering to help, never worried about the competition and was just happy to be improving his lap times and have fun and mingle with his friends. Last winners have been Paul Macdonell, Eric Russnak and Tosh Gable, all very fitting winners! Let’s see who comes to mind for you all and I’ll start collecting nominations and then we will create a voting poll later on.

Nominations will be accepted until September 30th, 2022

Attachments

• 003FEF05-AC8D-4588-886D-70C979F8CC1C.jpeg
    003FEF05-AC8D-4588-886D-70C979F8CC1C.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 5

411ninja

Darryl McGavigan. He's always happy to be there, loves mingling and having fun, and never worries about the competition. Always a friendly face to share a laugh with, just like Sean was.

Sam

Im going to nominate (again) Gary Christie.
First thing that comes to mind is all the years of hard work and $ supporting his son racing.
Second: The selfless dedication of time and $ for his daughter on track.
Third: Its inspirational to see him (I think he is in his 90s) with a level of energy comparable to 30 year old.
Fourth: He is always willing to lend a helping hand and/or tools.
Fifth: His trailer kitchen is always open to us.
Sixth: Despite (among other things) crashes, technical issues with his bike, past injuries - he is always eager to get out on track and refine his skill.
Seventh: Ignore the nickname "Crusty Christie"...... he is always approachable for just about anything.
Eighth: I know he is not in his 90s (see my third point) - but its great to see someone so late in the game on track!
Ninth: Family