tire s for vintage road race bike

fonzy

i have a 77 kz650 that id like to run maybe in oct4 track day , but the tires on it old as dirt , they are 18 inch rear and 19 front , anyone know where to get some half decent tires to fit this thing?

pic

index.php

YZF1000jon

What are the sizes? I've been on a motard with 18/21 and used maxxis Promaxx I think, they were cheap and stuck well enough to wear out the footpegs. They were made for the 80's 400's and such.

yak

There isn't anyone currently racing a vintage bike in Edmonton (that I know of) so the supply is likely not great here either. I'd give the CMRA board a try as there are at least a couple of guys running vintage bikes there.

Good luck

P.S. I used to run an RZ 350 and the tires of choice then were the Avon AM22 and AM23 because they were designed for narrow rims.

Thorsten

Hi, Bridgestone BT45 are the ticket, in my opinion. They come in many of the older sizes, are easy to find, and you may be able to get them cheap locally during some late winter/early spring sales. I ran them on my 73 RD350 both in Calgary and Stratotech and never had a problem.

Cheers, and good luck, I hope to see a vintage bike out there again!

Thorsten

Drsuzuki

There will be a vintage bike or two for 2010

Greetings from Grande Prairie : I will be working on a 1977 cb400f super sport for the 2010 year as well as a Honda MB-5 for the mini road racing or any thing else i can do. Just working out the leathers with tap moto right now and would love any ideas and suggestions for the set up of the 400. I am looking for a cut down front fender for the front if any one can help me out. I could have them ready for the Edmonton show if you want a vintage bike for the display. Drop me a e mail @ [email protected]

Drsuzuki

Yes the yellow one is what mine is supposed to look like but mine is still in the needs some work catagory , Purchased it last winter off of a fella who did not have it running since 1980. It will not be a show bike but it runs very well . Will have to do all the safety wiring a kill switch and make it safe befor next spring i hope to participate in a school and maybe a couple of race days. I posted some photos in the album section of 3 bike i am working on.