Track attack bike prep

simpletty

What is required for bike prep for track attack? I read the castrol site and it was pretty basic. Do you require lights/signals taped off? Just want to know ahead of time for the August session. Thanks.

blam

Administrator
anything glass should be taped or removed.

that's really about it.

personally, I would pull the mirrors, and tape all the glass and plastic lenses, but only glass is required

411ninja

It is pretty basic, as Brian said make sure that the glass is taped up. Also, just check to make sure that it is mechanically sound and the tires are good. Make sure that you have gauntlet style gloves, textile or leather pants and jacket (or suit), and boots over the ankles.
We try to make it as accessible as we can!:)

simpletty

track day

ok, I will be attending the sept 2 and the 16th. Bike is fairly new so the tech side of it should not be an issue. I am prepping it a bit so its more track friendly as well. Looking forward to coming out and having some fun. As for myself I am fully prepped for gear. I did race at one time out at stratotech and race city back in the day. Its been quite a while so I need to knock the cobwebs off thats for sure.

Dave86

Track day rules are different from racing. Of course it's in the best interest of safety to ride with a helmet that's less than 5 years old, but the current standard is not mandatory for track days.

blam

Administrator
Track day rules are different from racing. Of course it's in the best interest of safety to ride with a helmet that's less than 5 years old, but the current standard is not mandatory for track days.

foot in my mouth...lol

didnt realize we had different rules for that. good to know.

Mullet2Skullet

Thanks for the info guys!
I just bought a new Scorpion helmet from Sport Bike Track Gear. On sale only $99 U.S (shipping and exchange $200 Can) it is a Snell 2010, I was looking at the old rules, and figured I would be good. Funny thing is, that it has a 2012 manufacture date, so it looks like I will be shopping for a Snell 2015 anyway ha ha! Should have known... Price sounded to good to be true.
Thanks again for the replies!

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
Therein lies one of the arguments against the 5 years from manufacture date. Even Shoei (who obviously gains from helmet replacements) recommends 5 years from purchase date or 7 from manufacture.
Most quality helmet clearances I've seen (For those of us on budgets who still want a high end helmet) tend to happen when the helmet is at least 2 to 3 years old already, cutting it's life in half at best.
There is positives and negatives to both sides, which is why showing up to the AGM is important to voice your opinion.