Transponders, timing and Round 2/3

blam

Administrator
after all the incidents with transponders this weekend I wanted to make note to all the racers about your transponders.

A) I cannot stress enough how important it is to have your transponders fully charged.
they do NOT charge with all wall plug ins. especially apple plug ins. the lights will come on, but it will NOT charge. please read the manual to your mylaps transponder and understand what the LEDs mean.

If you cant figure out if your wall plug is working, a USB port on your computer will usually work.
I charge mine friday night, and unplug it the morning of a practice. the charge should last the weekend.

B) Ensure your firmware is up to date on the race key and the transponder itself. your mylaps connect program (windows and mac) will tell you if its up to date when youi plug in and log in to the program.

C) Ensure you have installed the mylaps fix kit if you have connectivity problems with your race key and transponder. its FREE.
https://speedhiveshop.mylaps.com/accessories/x2-racekey-connection-fix.html

D) Ensure your subscription is up to date. your mylaps connect program will tell you if it is or not.

E) Ensure you have mounted it properly. this was the cause of many failures this weekend. the transponder does not transmit through metal (triple trees, bike frames, etc) or carbon fibre (some race plastics). Fibreglass is not an issue.
Mylaps reccomends the fork tube. I use this location and have never missed a transmission.
Do not use cheap zip ties. our bikes create a lot of heat and vibration which can break your zip ties and throw your transponder on track.

F) Just like anything that transmits a signal, it has a usable range. the closer to the ground the better. Mounting it upright works best.

G) Cables - use the one that came with your transponder, not all USB cables are made equal. some issues were solved by switching the cable out.

H) check, double check and triple check your transponder number matches with your motorsportsreg account.

if you have any questions please post them up and I will answer them as best I can. Please be aware, although I am Asian, I am not in ICT, I am not a Mylaps rep nor do I work for Mylaps, so I can only answer what I learned through experience. screen shots are helpful. accurate descriptions are also helpful.

Hopefully I can get everyone up and running, bug free for rounds 2 and 3.

DEFBOY35

I have the fix kits for anyone that is having troubles with the race key fit. You can ask me for one at the next hx weekend if you need one. *until supplies last*.

And just because you checked your firmware for this round, check it the night before each round. Ask me how I know. Thanks again blam for sorting me out!!

Any other issues that sent the simple ones like posted, don't forget. Mylaps has tech support. His name is John and he is pretty helpful and we all pay good money for the transponders and subscriptions. So utilize the tech support you paid for if needed.

2quickrides

EMRA Executive Member
And after our brief discussion about the personal results section issues this weekend Brian, I'm trying to work with Mylaps to see what can be done to fix this for those of us that have nothing showing up. Will keep you posted.