upcoming 2012 changes

JDS

Just my thought... But I think opening the sportsman class to 5 years defeats the purpose. If you want to open it up more, consider maybe 8 years instead. The added 2 years will open significantly more bikes without losing the purpose of the race class. And a side note: That class does have issues running in a mixed grid, as the riding styles and lines are much different, but we are at the same laptimes, thus affecting the placings in eachothers class often.

Another... The women's open can be run with another open class, rather than a restricted class. Maybe senior open, another open class.

I'd like to see senior open become a 40+ class, similar to other clubs, a senior race.

Just some thoughts.

Dont worry. We dont like riding with U either ;-)
If we have a additional 5 or 6 Motarders(Like Chuck says) Couldnt we have a strictly Motard race?

Id have no probs with with the Womens Open in the Seniors race.

Miss T

I wasn't referring to the motards, I was talking about the sportsman bikes. The motards don't really affect us ;).

JDS

Well, the Motards run different lines, & Ive seen a few incidents with them & the SVs/Sportsmans bikes.

Planepower

After reviewing the previous pages of discussion, and seeing where topics have lead to, i am going to formalize an agenda to bring forth to the AGM. A few of us have brought forth ideas and used this as an arena to support or quash topics. Id like people to review, add or amend, so we can spend 5 minutes debating Wednesday evening and move onto the next topic.
Here is the summary of what Ive read.

1. Change status (name) of Intermediate / Expert to Amateur / Pro.
2. Hold 2 heats of Superbike races. Call Fast 25 SBK 1?
3. Combine Amatuer / Pro grids for Superbike.
4. Change eligibility status of Sportsman bikes.
5. Rearrange classes with 5 or less racers. (so as to combine together to have a fuller track without fear of safety). I know we do this already, but perhaps its time to revisit?
6. Hold a 'Womens Plate' similar to the 'Blue Plate' to recognize the achievements of our female competitors
7. Seeing as volunteers are becoming scarce, propose new ideas to help increase or volunteer population.

ronin26

Quick suggestion for the supermoto guys.

Split the SM race into expert/intermediate so that the int.'s will get a win here and there...although some of them are going super fast as is.

Something to bring up anyway, see if anyone is interested.

Jason Henton

I would be cautious of renaming the classes, I know some life\disability insurance policies strictly invalidate for any "professional" racing. Might run into some issues with that.

YZF1000jon

Yup, we killed off a bunch of pizza!
What did you want to know? some of the decisions will be put to a vote here on the Forum regarding changing races/classes, but there were no major rule changes for this year.
Scott Paras has now joined the Executive as well.