Voting on rule changes for 2010

ian

For those of you that missed the AGM this is an opportunity for you to vote on three proposed rule changes for 2010.

1 - Make engine case guards mandatory for bikes that they are readily available for, if there are no aftermarket guards available for your bike then frame sliders or other guards may be substituted.

2 - Disqualification of racers who cause a red flag.

3 - Allow 650cc V-twin motorcycles to compete in the Lightweight Sportbike Class.

Send your full name, rule number and which way you are voting (For, Against, Abstain) to [email protected] You do not need to vote on rules that don't affect you.

Votes will be accepted until Dec 31.

If you were at the AGM please do not vote again.

Thanks, Ian

Drsuzuki

re proposed rule changes

How woul the proposal effect the vintage bike that there are no crash protection avalible for? ie my 1977 cb400f super sport or my 1982 MB5?

ian

Voting results:

1 - Passed, Case guards will be mandatory for bikes that they are readily available for, if none are available then frame guards or other suitable protection must be used.

2 - Defeated, Riders will not be disqualified for causing a red flag.

3 - Passed, 650 V twins motorcycles will be allowed to compete in the Lightweight Sportbike Class

Final wording for the new rules will be determined by the rule book committee.

Thank you to everyone that voted.

Tinker

Can someone show me an example of a case guard? I'm not really clear on what we're talking about here.