WCC in mission getting close

Fireman

Our first double header of the Western Canadian Championship is coming up quickly. It sounds like we have alot of interested people looking to head west and go partake in some racing in Mission BC. I wanted to take this opportunity to remind anyone looking at going down to mission about some local rules that need to be adhered to.

1- 88db Noise limit. You will not be required to have stock exhaust on you bike but you will be required to meet this noise limit. Stock exhaust is highly suggested. 1000cc bikes can sometimes stay under this limit with aftermarket exhaust, however very very few 600s can. BRING A STOCK EXHAUST WITH YOU.

2- Number requirements. You will be allowed to run a X next to your number if a local rider has already claimed the same number that you run in edmonton. Red numbers on white backgrounds are allowed for intermediates competing as "graduated novices" in mission. You are required to have a number on both sides of your tail section. Many modern sportbikes no longer offer that kind of room on the tail section, so you will be required to run a number on either side of your fairings in that event. Below are the numbers that I have placed on my bellypan

bd73185e-828f-4ecd-9653-cde54c005d82_zps03b6a11d.jpg

IMG_1101_zps9a58b3d4.jpg

3 - Here is the WMRC rulebook. Please read this, you are expected to adhere to it. http://www.wmrc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/WMRC-Rule-Book-2013-finalv3.pdf

4- You can preregister here (scott paras this is for you) http://www.wmrc.ca/racers/register-online-for-races

WMRC Classes eligible for the WCC:​

WMRC Battle of the Twins (Middleweight Twins and Heavyweight Twins) = WCC Formula Thunder/Battle of the Twins
WMRC 600 Supersport = WCC 600 Supersport (EXP and INT)
WMRC Open Supersport = WCC Open Supersport (EXP and INT)
WMRC Superbike = WCC Superbike (EXP and INT)

If there are any questions, feel free to contact me and I will do my best to have answers for you as soon as I can.

Justin Knapik

Last edited:

sand.man

Thanks for posting this Justin, does the WMRC have a rider directory like our club does? I can't seem to find one on their website to know if I need an X beside my numbers.

Fireman

Thanks for posting this Justin, does the WMRC have a rider directory like our club does? I can't seem to find one on their website to know if I need an X beside my numbers.

I have asked Ryan, I am still waiting to see if we can get one.

Ryno

Justin feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it Ryan you will be running a red number much like myself. The wmrc has eliminated thier red numbers so everyone there runs black numbers (Novices and graduated novices will have a yellow back plate) so with us having red numbers we should beable to run our usual numbers

GSmith

88 dBA at one meter from the exhaust?...throughout the full rpm range?

The Source sells a cheesey little sound meter for $50...going to get one today.

Fireman

Justin feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it Ryan you will be running a red number much like myself. The wmrc has eliminated thier red numbers so everyone there runs black numbers (Novices and graduated novices will have a yellow back plate) so with us having red numbers we should beable to run our usual numbers

I'm sorry Colin. I think your wrong. The numbers for intermediates and graduated novices cannot conflict no matter what their color is.

The WMRC is being tolerant of our white number plates however their score keepers do not differentiate between colors on that number plate. If there are any of the local riders that have your number, you will be required to change your number. A x will be allowable change.

This works the same way when the WMRC riders come to visit us during the wcc in July. Your number will take priority and the visiting rider will be marked with a x.

sand.man

That is not how the sound is measured. It is measured from trackside muck like Stratotech.

Taken from WMRC "Sound Article"

No machine racing or practicing at a WMRC/Mission event may exceed 88 db at any time. Sound levels are measured 50 feet from the race surface at an acceleration point. Sound can and will be measured at a number of different location. Weather and other ‘outside’ influences can affect the sound level readings, causing a machine to read louder (or quieter) throughout the day. Because this variation is unavoidable and no excuse for ‘blowing over’, the WMRC suggests/expects all machines measure well under 88 db

Ryno

I'm sorry Colin. I think your wrong. The numbers for intermediates and graduated novices cannot conflict no matter what their color is.

The WMRC is being tolerant of our white number plates however their score keepers do not differentiate between colors on that number plate. If there are any of the local riders that have your number, you will be required to change your number. A x will be allowable change.

This works the same way when the WMRC riders come to visit us during the wcc in July. Your number will take priority and the visiting rider will be marked with a x.

I stand corrected :)

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, Pay at the track.

It was announced at the last WMRC Club meeting that we will be able to do the registration part during a window of opportunity on the Friday night once track set up is under control and it should be a lot quicker on Saturday morning with tech,

On the 88db sound Jason in correct that sound is measured from the track side as you pass by,

With the track day on Friday, any track set up or configuration should be minimal if at all so the registration should be shortly after the track day requirements are wrapped up.

This looks to be the weekend to be at Mission for 2013,

See you all there soon,

BTW: Anyone who would have room in a trailer to take a bike back for an Edmonton rider who needs to get it there to run the SV Racing Parts Cup Series with it Please Email me at [email protected] as soon as you can and let me know.

Thanks and best regards,
Blair

Last edited:

Fireman

I just got confirmation that qualifying will be on Friday afternoon and the practice sessions on Saturday. Your fastest time will determine your grid position.

Justin

Fireman

Good thing I'm NOT going. Just checked the Transport Canada sticker and it states 88db at 5300 rpm as a stock exhaust. I'd hate to have it measured at 10,000 under full throttle :O

Once again. The sound is not measured by transport Canada's regulations. It is measured trackside. Most 1000cc bikes with aftermarket exhausts tend to pass sound there at 14000rpm wot.

yak

Once again. The sound is not measured by transport Canada's regulations. It is measured trackside. Most 1000cc bikes with aftermarket exhausts tend to pass sound there at 14000rpm wot.

Is that WOT or Woot or both?

GSmith

Noise measurements are typically made at 1.0 metre from the source for industrial equipment...probably the same for the exhaust? We're going to measure our R6S this weekend with the race exhaust and the stock one we just picked up for $20.00. We'll measure at 1.0 m from the exhaust through the RPM range for both systems and we'll do the same thing at 50 ft and provide the results.