WCC in mission getting close

Fireman

From what I have seen, measurements are taken from the pit wall as you pass on the straight away. Distance is determined by alot of different factors. Then you need to take into account weather. So My suggestion is that you make your bike as quiet as possible. Bring your stock exhaust.

Fireman

Noise measurements are typically made at 1.0 metre from the source for industrial equipment...probably the same for the exhaust? We're going to measure our R6S this weekend with the race exhaust and the stock one we just picked up for $20.00. We'll measure at 1.0 m from the exhaust through the RPM range for both systems and we'll do the same thing at 50 ft and provide the results.

No machine racing or practicing at a WMRC/Mission event may exceed 88 db at any time. Sound levels are measured 50 feet from the race surface at an acceleration point. Sound can and will be measured at a number of different location. Weather and other ‘outside’ influences can affect the sound level readings, causing a machine to read louder (or quieter) throughout the day. Because this variation is unavoidable and no excuse for ‘blowing over’, the WMRC suggests/expects all machines measure well under 88 db

I hope that helps Grant. Try measuring at that distance and let us know.

Fireman

This Email was just sent to me to update our group coming to Mission.

Justin, I would also add that they should all pre-register as well. Also, to make sure they have a fresh Energizer or Duracell battery with them for the transponder. We will announce at riders meeting as well, but check times every session to ensure your DBCom is pinging properly and has your name.

sv-racing-parts

Help, I need to get a bike for Rick Newcombe back to Edmonton

9 volt is required

:) Hi, 9 Volt it is for DB Comand I always have lots on hand so don't sweat the small stuff too much everyone,

BTW: I will have one DB Com here at Mission if someone ends up in a jam and needs one for the weekend.

Heiko, there are plenty of Ducati's on the track at Mission, come on out you will not have too many issues at all so don't let the sound meter scare you,

On another issue, I do need Help. I have an SV650 here for Rick Newcombe to race this season in the SV Racing Parts Cup Series and he needs to get it back to Edmonton,

Does anyone have room in a trailer for an SV650, Rick can pitch if for gas to ease the cost for someone.

Let me know if you can help out, I am coordinating it all for him. He can pick the bike up right away once it gets to Edmonton so it will be out of the way quickly,

Thanks and best regards,
Blair

Last edited:

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Everyone, I just got back in from being out at Mission helping get the seasons Hay Bales Bagged up so that the WMRC is set to go on getting the track set up prep work out of the way and ready to be set out for the WCC Season Opener at Mission,

A few more weeks and we will all be ready to put in some great laps and get the 2013 Race Season underway,

If anyone has any special needs or requests for something you would like me to get in and have at the track for you to pick up on the Thursday night of the WCC Race Weekend, Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after. The more notice I have the easier it is to have it in for you,

See you all soon,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

sv-racing-parts

:) You are right it is too funny. That's what happens when you hold the non-cancelable long term agreement with the city to operate the drag strip,

That and the local perception that all that noise means big money in town for "Drag Racing Weekends".

The thought of the $ makes the locals turn down the hearing aids, :)

See you all in a few days,

Best regards,
Blair

Dean

LOL! The drag races have a 99 year lease with the city and also have special noise restrictions (130db and lower). Basically, they bring so much money to Mission that they say "ok, do what you want". The rest of us have to deal with sound pressures too low to be realistic.