What Tie Down mounts to use in Trailer

Ducbert

I was wondering what everyone used to make the tie downs in your trailers?

Where to get them?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

e-track seems to be very popular in all the newer trailers. My old trailer had d-rings installed in the floor from Princess Auto. I had 8 of them placed in strategic places all over the floor. We had to route out about 1/4" to make them flush, but it worked well. Then we used Adran Tie Downs. Best tie-downs out there. Cam-buckle type, and not ratcheting type.

Ducbert

Did you just use large wood screws into the floor or lift the sheet and put bolts through when you used the loops from PA?

Spooner

Pitbull for the win. Its so stupidly easy, everyone should have one... Really EVERYONE. You'll never, ever, second guess if your bike is still standing in the trailer or not.

If you're really wanting to save a $100.00 or so, E-Track is the next best thing. (Buy at Princess Auto.) I've seen various methods of mounting and if its just going into 3/4" flooring, number 10 screw, (in every predrilled hole) will work just fine. In my old trailer, I used bolts and screw with a steel flush plate. That was beyond overkill though! LOL

Hope this helps!

~S

bgurba

I used some e-track from Princess Auto that others have mentioned. It works great as I haul bikes and quads so I have to move the tie-down points to different locations depending on whats in the trailer. I put 3-rows of it in, one down each side and one down the middle.

Attachments

• IMG00106-20110424-1730.jpg
    IMG00106-20110424-1730.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 15