Whats your opinion?

JohnnyR6

So I am kind of looking at avoiding paying 1500$ for a yamaha inverter, so i have been doing som looking and found a few at home depot for a nice price, this one i had a decent brand name http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...splay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051 i know i couldnt run 2 sets ow warmers but this would meet my needs of running warmers and charging go pro if needed, and would probably work with the air compresser, so i ask what do you think about this and saving myself $1,000 ?

Spooner

Hyundai generator from walmart is probably a better option than that one.

I agree, Lisa and I use this for her warmers and the air compressor for all the tires we do at the track. Handles it easy. The only down side is, you have to remove the fuel filter thing, as it creates a major PITA while filling it up. Other than that, its been good.

~Scott

Michelin Man

I've roadraced for years and all my generators have failed. I went Honda and will never buy another brand ever again.. my 2 cents.

JohnnyR6

I have to go get a part for the dirt bike so in going to see what the guy I have bought all my bikes from can do for me on a Yamaha inverter

I've roadraced for years and all my generators have failed. I went Honda and will never buy another brand ever again.. my 2 cents.

I have a Honda 3000 and I LOVE it!!!! 2 sets of warmers running all day after 3 full days burnt less then half a tank. Super quiet and super reliable. Best genny hands down!

Ducbert

I have a honda pump I leave out all year, come spring when I need to pump down my pond due to run off, it starts first pull. It's 12 years old and it's a honda.....

Same with my pressure washer etc....

Honda :D

If your tight on $$$, I bought the 3k gen from costco, not bad for sound and $399.00 in store price.....Comes with wheels and electric start when the pull rope or handle breaks or if your just plain lazy.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...=4&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Last edited:

JohnnyR6

So i ended up picking up the 2000 inverter from yamaha for a good deal IMO as i deal with the guys brother most of the time, the guy gave it to me for 1350 total was 1417 after tax, it would have been alot more after the set up costs and what ever other BS dealerships charge haha, its a sweet little unit and handled my air compressor like a champ. I am very happy, i couldnt have gone wrong with honda or yamaha, it came down to the deal i got and the fact that I very much like Yamaha (own 3 Yamaha bikes).

Thanks guys for telling me not to get the one i looked at, i thought about it and figured i wouldnt be happy with a heavy and loud geni that would probably crap out on me.