2015 Rule changes

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
So it's about that time, everyone's favorite thread, always some good reading and points to ponder. If there any changes you would like to see happen next year, please post up your rule change proposals, and they can then be discussed / voted on at the AGM (details of which will be posted soon once the venue and date are confirmed).

So let me get this started, I'd like to see a few things changed...

-In the EMRA rule book, page 7, section 2.5 first point. I'd like to see the last sentence of this point removed. It is a little redundant, and often taken out of context.

-I'd like to see in the CMRA rule book, Page 7, section E (4). Any rider who appears to be deliberately blocking another motorcycle attempting to pass, including weaving, will be penalized or
and /or disqualified. This is a judgment call by the Referee and is not protestable, introduced into the EMRA rule book.

-I'd like to see Blue Plate rules changed so that anyone riding only one bike must compete in at least 4 classes that round to score points towards blue plate.

-I'd like to see volunteer work as part of graduating from novice to intermediate licensing. The way in which this is to be done can be decided by the 2015 EMRA Exec at a later date (since deciding how to go about doing this would take days at the AGM).

I think that's a pretty good start. I'd also like to say I think this club is a great club and can only get better from critical meaningful discussion. So lets keep this discussion positive and productive! Hopefully see you all at the AGM!!

the_fornicator

-I'd like to see volunteer work as part of graduating from novice to intermediate licensing. The way in which this is to be done can be decided by the 2015 EMRA Exec at a later date (since deciding how to go about doing this would take days at the AGM).

Oooooo, I agree with this. Far too often do I see people just show up, race, and then leave. I used to do this, but have since realized the errors of my ways after seeing how hard the exec work on race weekends :eek:

Taking care of registration, set up, take-down, clean-up, questions, flags, tech, announcements, etc. after hundreds of people over the course of 2, 3, or sometimes 4 days should not be weighed on so few people. It is a lot of mother fucking work lol

Ryno

I would like to propose a class name change from "Fast 25" to "Combined Superbike" I like the idea of allowing red and black numbers to compete in the same race. While this can still be a race where the top 3 collect cash, I think using a title like Combined Superbike, may make it easier to get a class sponsor lined up (I have one on deck for the class).

DEFBOY35

-I'd like to see Blue Plate rules changed so that anyone riding only one bike must compete in at least 4 classes that round to score points towards blue plate.

-would there be stipulations that if say in the 3rd class of the day out of 4 that you signed up for, you blew up your engine. you still get your points for the first 2 races of the day to count. or do you get penalized all points for not being able to complete all 4 classes you intended to do?

-i do like this idea, i know it has been discussed before and shot down as far as forcing people to do stuff.

Personally from being a novice rider and having to start at novice again this year i would like to make sure my bike is safe to ride again and I'm equipped for the next race, i wouldn't want to watch along the track and have to hustle my butt back to the pits for a race and be off my race and possibly lay the bike over and have to RESTART my races again, people always say you act different when your helmet is on and for you to have that adrenaline of watching racers and then saying " oh ya i can do that " when u CANT, its a good idea but i think its more of an incentive to keep giving out track time on track days for volunteers rather than using novice rider ....

sand.man

It's your responsibility as a rider to know your own limits, if you're blaming your crashes as a result of you watching more skilled riders that's a sure sign you're not ready to advance out of the Novice classification.

The novice races are far enough apart in the days schedule that there is no reason to be rushing anywhere. I'm sure if the club voted this rule in, there would be a time slot dedicated to bringing Novice volunteers back from their volunteer position.

Or it would be mandated that instead of racing one round, you're a volunteer. That solves both of your problems.

There is also the option of having someone volunteer for you. Everyone has at least one friend or family member that could fulfill their time as a volunteer and help you out.

yak

I would not support selecting a single class of racers for mandatory volunteer work. We all race, we should all help out.

WMRC #62

250 Class

What are the chances of the 250 Gold Cup being added to the WCC? :)

Last edited:

DEFBOY35

Oh, I must be out of the loop after taking a season off. Is the WCC dead?

sadly so this past season it appeared to be. even with the allure of an exciting new facility was not enough to entice anybody to head east. I would imagine that it will take a pretty big showing of commitment for it to be a reality this season.

WMRC #62

Well the WMRC has an entirely new executive to deal with, should be easier I think. If the 250 Production/Gold Cup class is added to the WCC I believe there will be interest from our club. It's a big class and growing all the time. I'd pre-pay to commit to a WCC round if it's added. Looking forward to trying out Castrol.

DEFBOY35

Well the WMRC has an entirely new executive to deal with, should be easier I think. If the 250 Production/Gold Cup class is added to the WCC I believe there will be interest from our club. It's a big class and growing all the time. I'd pre-pay to commit to a WCC round if it's added. Looking forward to trying out Castrol.

only thing being here i dont know if there are many 250 riders on our end. that being said, from my trips down to mission, it always looks like a very fun, entertaining and competitive class.
how many of the 250 riders that would come for that also ride the bigger wcc classes?

Fireman

I would say that you would need to look to your club for interest in a western Canadian series.

Without interest in the premier classes I don't see any reason to add or continue with the WCC. It's unfortunate and sad but we never had a single WMRC rider during 2014 compete in the series.

I have pushed this forward since 2009. If anyone in the WMRC is interested in taking up the challenge I'm happy to pass the torch.

WMRC #62

I have pushed this forward since 2009. If anyone in the WMRC is interested in taking up the challenge I'm happy to pass the torch.

Yeah it must be a lot of work, and really both clubs should have dedicated promoters/organizers for this series. Too much to load on one individual. I'll try to ramrod it to the WMRC executive from this end.

Fireman

It's not the exec that needs the help, it's intrest from the racers in the club. Your club is situated close to the ridge and that takes your racers away from traveling to Castrol. We are just as close to miller as we are to mission, and that takes away our racers.

Back to the rule change thread