Air Fence Test....

DMesher

I just happened to have my camera running, so here is a video from the EMRA track night on August 1st. The clip shows the effectiveness of the Alpina Air Fence following an incorrectly executed pass on corner #4. The air fence works very well (speaking from experience unfortunately).

The rider and bike were scratched and bruised but walked away from the incident.

http://youtu.be/qcIGBUZv-Xg

Darel

Spooner

I'm so glad we have those!

On the flip side. That was an incredibly stupid attempt of a pass.

~S

the_fornicator

Dude got edged out so slowly it reminded me of that Austin Powers scene.

AustinPowersSteamroller.gif

Goatse

Well that wasn't quite how the 'pass' was explained to me on Friday. Lol

On the flip side. That was an incredibly stupid attempt of a pass.

~S

Looks like that giant handful of brake didn't help either.

Edit: Brian beat me to it.

DMesher

There was about 10 feet of locked front wheel skid mark on the pavement at the scene of the incident, definitely a fist full of brake before the low-side.

It looks like the rider spiked the front brakes more than got edged out to me

krea.tion

Haha wow! Nice to actually see what happened. When you're on the bike, you see/remember things differently. Seems like I thought I had more room than I did. Dumb on my part, got dinged with a pretty rough concussion as lesson learned lol.

Edit: and yes, the air fence works great :p

krea.tion

Glad you are OK. Come out racing with us you are obviously too fast for the street.

Thank you, my individual pace has improved drastically over the past year but I still have a lot to learn before I start racing. That video just proved that to me. I'm really glad it was caught on film because I don't remember the crash much. One second I was going around, felt like I was going wide and the next I was being helped by EMS haha.

DEFBOY35

glad you are ok leo.
that's the one thing with the outside only passing at the track days, you have to be very selective, and hopefully getting it done early enough in the turn so the rider being passed catches you in their peripherals. hopefully able to leave you the room at exit.

krea.tion

glad you are ok leo.
that's the one thing with the outside only passing at the track days, you have to be very selective, and hopefully getting it done early enough in the turn so the rider being passed catches you in their peripherals. hopefully able to leave you the room at exit.

Totally agree, I should have backed off when he missed his apex. There was no way I was going to make it. Its the first crash that really hurt me so it was a bit of a wake up call. Considering myself lucky that I atleast have the opportunity to learn from it, could have been a lot worse. That concrete wall wasn't so far off..