AMRA is Heading Back to Stratotech

seven

The Alberta Mini Roadracing Association is heading back to the famed Stratotech Park Edmonton Alberta, The AMRA and Stratotech have a long history over the last ten years and we are very excited to be Hosting round 4 of the Canadian National Mini Roadracing Series a CMA event, July 21 and 22 2012. Keep and eye on the AMRA website for more exciting racing news for 2012. www.amra.ca
www.stratotech.ca

April 21 - Track day
April 22- spring Endurance
may 6- round 1
may 20- round 2
June 10 Regina National Round 1
June 17- round 3
June 30- round 4
July 1- round 5 Calgary National Round 2&3
July 21/22- round 6 Edmonton (Stratotech) National Round 4
Aug 4/5 Vancouver National Round 5&6
Aug 19- round 7
Sept 01 02 Saskatoon National 7
Sept 9- round 8
Sept 23- round 9
Oct 7- Fall endurance
Oct 14 Make up race

seven

Storage%203.JPG
And we are bringing the Demo Fleet
Thunder Bikes can be booked to come race with us over the weekend, You guys have home track advantage!

http://amra.ca/thebikes.htm

JD96

Thinking of have your daughter try it out, Blair? Vanessa did a day at the minis with me, she crashed lots but still enjoyed going faster than her brother lol

sv-racing-parts

Thinking of have your daughter try it out, Blair? Vanessa did a day at the minis with me, she crashed lots but still enjoyed going faster than her brother lol

:) Actually in my case it would be my 10 and 12 year old Granddaughters or my 7 year old Grandson, but the person I was thinking of for the Thunder Bike Rental would be me,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

I use to race the AMRA so maybe I can answer some of your questions.

I think they are only racing the one day, because I heard it was expensive for them to rent the track out.

I believe this year, $160 will cover you for a bike rental, and it is $75 for the weekend if you have your own bike but you also need a CMA membership to race with them which is $40 I think. If you race the regional then it is a $40 AMRA membership but that weekend you only need a CMA.

For the 7 year old, it would cost $70 a weekend and that includes the rental.

I would definitely suggest going, thunder bikes are sooooo fun!!

Hope this helps

Just noticed they posted 2 days, for Edmonton. On their website it only says one day. I would give them an email.

Amra.ca is the site where you can find it all at

sv-racing-parts

:)

:) Hi JD, I was out on my WR250 on a fire road trail ride today and suddenly I realized who you are and what you meant.

I realized that it was my daughter Jacklynne that I had visiting me at the Calgary Track on the Season Finale last fall that you were referring to.

Sorry, and apologize to Vanessa for me for not immediately realizing it was your girlfriend that you were talking about crashing.

I hope to see both of you at Stratotech this spring. Come up the night before the race events and do our track evenings with us to get warmed up,

See you and Vanessa soon,

Blair

JD96

Haha that's pretty funny it clicked when you're ripping the dirtbike. But yeah, Fridays are in the works.

I'll be in contact for some parts in the next month or so. I have an electrical gremlin to sort out with the kawasaki before I start blowing a bunch of money though!

I was wanting to start camping down at strato this year and save the extra 340$ every weekend, but I really don't know what to do about showers and stuff while I'm there. Directing the extra funds to another rear tire for each weekend would help tremendously I think!

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

I was wanting to start camping down at strato this year and save the extra 340$ every weekend, but I really don't know what to do about showers and stuff while I'm there. Directing the extra funds to another rear tire for each weekend would help tremendously I think!

$340?:eek: Last year we had an arrangement with Park Avenue Motel in Ft Sask, the EMRA rate was $5 off the corporate rate which should have amounted to about $90 a night with parking outside every door, and Timmies a short walk across the street. If anyone is interested in coming up, and would like me to look into renewing an arrangement like that for 2012 please let me know and I'll go for a drive and meet with them. Just say the word.

sv-racing-parts

:) Thanks Jon, I stayed there one event, I would appreciate it you could look into an EMRA deal for us again this year,

Is there a Best Western in Fort Saskatchewan, they are generally very ameniable to Racer Discounts,

Blair

JD96

Yeah I was staying at the hospitality inn. Really nice and the first time I stayed there it was 120$/night. After that they started charging me 145+tax I think.