Another new guy - calgary

scratch

So I've always wanted to do some track days so decided better late then never. I picked up a '98 Cbr 600 in pretty good shape that I'm going to dedicate To track use and am now trying to figure out the best way to get started. Figured I'd sign up for the spring school(?) and try to get out for some track days. Unfortunately I'm in Calgary so a bit more of a haul. Are there many people making that trek? Any advice suggestions appreciated as I'll definitely need some guidance!

DEFBOY35

there are a few riders that do make the trek up. especially for the track days. the racing school is a great way to learn the skills needed for the track and a move into racing. as well check into the on track performance classes, there is a lot to be learnt from them as well.

sand.man

Do you have track bodywork for that F3?

I have a set of home made fiberglass / kevlar race bodywork that a guy made for my F2 that will fit onto an F3. I've never bothered to do the work to fit it up so it's all brand new. Needs to be drilled, sanded and painted but it's yours free if you want it.

yak

Welcome.

The participation from Calgary has fluctuated over the years, but with Castrol being south of Edmonton it doesn't get much easier. I know racers coming from further south and much further north.

We try our best to help make everyone feel welcome.

Feel free to ask away.

Todd

scratch

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting started in some way! I'll keep looking and asking as things come up!