Edmonton Area Suspension Shops

macbayne

hello all. been a member here for a while now and this is my first post. bought a K9 GSXR 750 a year and a half ago, and due to the nature of my job i have only had about 3 months of riding time on it. she still has stock suspension and this year is looking good for a LOT of track time. i am looking to replace valves and springs front and rear. i have perused the net and this forum, but i have yet to really find a definitive answer. i have email vicious cycle and i have tried to call, but it didn't connect. are they still in business? i have a contact to send my suspension to BC to get the work done, but my concern is if it will be ready in time for the start of the season. i will be out of the country until late march and i have a LOT of things to do in april so i would like to drop my machine off at a good local shop.

sand.man

I posted on your thread on ESR, but I see here that you want to do work to your stock shock. I think the common consensus is that you should replace the rear shock with an aftermarket unit (Elka, Ohlins etc.)

If you decide to go with aftermarket, go through Blair at SVRacingParts.com he will hook you up. He's also in Edmonton every race weekend, how's that for support.

Whoever you decide to have do your work on the suspension, be sure to let them know about your time concern. I was very late (like weeks before round 1) getting my suspension sent out to Joe Skidd @ Superior Suspension Settings, and he went above and beyond to have my stuff built and back to me in time for racing.

macbayne

I posted on your thread on ESR, but I see here that you want to do work to your stock shock. I think the common consensus is that you should replace the rear shock with an aftermarket unit (Elka, Ohlins etc.)

If you decide to go with aftermarket, go through Blair at SVRacingParts.com he will hook you up. He's also in Edmonton every race weekend, how's that for support.

Whoever you decide to have do your work on the suspension, be sure to let them know about your time concern. I was very late (like weeks before round 1) getting my suspension sent out to Joe Skidd @ Superior Suspension Settings, and he went above and beyond to have my stuff built and back to me in time for racing.

i just responded on ESR. i have already been talking with blair about a purchase of a lot of goodies like fairings, case savers, etc. he seems to have good prices, he beats the hell out of dealer prices that is for sure. he was the contact i mentioned for sending my suspension away, but again, i was looking for more local. there seems to be a high opinion of him around these here parts, so maybe i will just go that route. thanks sand.man

Michelin Man

hello all. been a member here for a while now and this is my first post. bought a K9 GSXR 750 a year and a half ago, and due to the nature of my job i have only had about 3 months of riding time on it. she still has stock suspension and this year is looking good for a LOT of track time. i am looking to replace valves and springs front and rear. i have perused the net and this forum, but i have yet to really find a definitive answer. i have email vicious cycle and i have tried to call, but it didn't connect. are they still in business? i have a contact to send my suspension to BC to get the work done, but my concern is if it will be ready in time for the start of the season. i will be out of the country until late march and i have a LOT of things to do in april so i would like to drop my machine off at a good local shop.

We are a qualified suspension shop. (Redline) we attend the track with ontrack suspension services and are the western canada Michelin Rep. Make sure wherever you take them they set them up for you ridng ability and the tracks you are too ride. (very important) There is no such thing as a drop in kit and if any shop tells you that, go somewhere else. I'd be happy to either do them properly or direct you to a qualified suspension technition. If you just want rebuilds then any shop can help. I've seen too many improperly setup bikes in the past. Also your rear shock is perfectly fine. A valve kit and properly sized spring will work amazing. You can go aftermarket but it is so much more money..